Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10day Itinerary 2014/10/25 04:49
Hi everyone,

Traveling to Japan next week for 10 days. I have my itinerary planned out, but wanted to have some advice on any places I should scratch , keep, or add to my list. I am a 28 year old single guy traveling from the USA, so my trip is mostly geared towards, food, sights, and nightlife. I put a ? next to things im have not decided I want to do yet, and my spelling me be off on some things, so for that I apologize. Any advice would be appreciated, excited about visiting Japan!

Japan Itinerary
Friday October 31st 2014 - Saturday November 8th 2014

Saturday November 1st
Day 1
Sightsee tokyo
Night 1
Out in tokyo (Halloween)

Sunday November 2nd
Day 2
Sightsee Tokyo
night 2
Out in Tokyo

Monday November 3rd
Travel to Kyoto
Day 3
Sightsee Kyoto
Nishiki Market
Kyoto Imperial Palace Guided Tour
Night 3
Out in Kyoto

Tuesday November 4th
Travel to Osaka
Day 4
Sightsee Osaka
Abeno Harukas - Observation tower
Osaka Aquarium ?
Shinsaibashi ?
Food - Dontonbori Distirct
night 4
Out in Osaka

Wednesday November 5th
Travel to Hiroshima
SIghtsee Hiroshima
Day 5
Sightsee Hiroshima
Hiroshima Peace Park
Food - Okonomiyaki Village
Travel back to Osaka
Night 5
Out in Osaka

Thursday November 6th
Travel to Tokyo
Day 6
Sightsee Tokyo
Tokyo metropolitan government building
Night 6
Out in Tokyo

Friday November 7th
Day 7
Sightsee Tokyo
Night 7
Out in Tokyo
Golden Gai ?
Food - Shinjuku Tsunahachi

Saturday Novmeber 8th
Return home

by BH9318 (guest)  

Re: 10day Itinerary 2014/10/26 07:49
Well, considering your itinerary, you seem to be looking into only modern side of Japan: No historic part, No nature. It might be your preference, but aren't you really not into nature and old Japan? Most tourist from abroad will have interest in:

Mount Fuji
Autumn leaves (in this season)
Kinkakuji, Kiyomizudera etc. in Kyoto
Miyajima

Other than that, your itinerary seems to be nice. Enjoy Japan!

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: 10day Itinerary 2014/10/26 08:23
Quoting from http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011_tocho.html, "On the second story of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, there is a tourist information center with lots of information about Tokyo, but also about various other tourist destinations across Japan."

Since you are going to this building anyway, you may want to consider going on Day 1 instead.
by tedrabjg rate this post as useful

Re: 10day Itinerary 2014/10/29 01:01
@frog1954 i like those ideas of the temples, defientely going to enjoy some while im there, i just figured i would decide when i got there which ones. SPecifically I was leanign towards the ones in Osaka and Tokyo as I have the most time there.

Osaka
Osaka Castle (Osakajo)

Tokyo
Sensoji Temple

Where the main ones I planned on visiting.Just a matter of when now. Thanks for your feedback!
by BH9318 rate this post as useful

Re: 10day Itinerary 2014/10/29 10:18
You can do more in Hiroshima.
You have the time. Unless you wake late and sleep early.

Or perhaps you want to spend more time in Osaka. Osaka really opens up at night. So could afford some extra time in Hiroshima... E.g. Atomic Bomb Museum.

Or you could stay in Kyoto longer, delaying your entry in Osaka. Making up for Osaka time here. (What I would do)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread