Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 12:10
Hi,

I am 26 years old with 2.5 years experience in banking (i am not a trader) and I will be offering 600,000yen /month net of the japan social insurance prenium. Still have to pay income tax and residential tax.

Is it a good offer or lower than the market ?

Thank you very much !!

by David (guest)  

Re: Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 17:59
You mean you "will be offered 600,000 yen" :)

I don't know exactly what you do in banking, but it sounds like a very decent pay for your age. Check your work hours (I hope pay for overtime hours is not included in the salary), housing, transportation and other allowances if applicable.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 18:39
Hi,
Thank you for your answer!!
Yes sorry,:) I will be offered 600,000 yen
Overtime already included. Working hours are 9am to 5:30 pm. I know i will leave the office later, around 18:30 pm.
In addition, they offer the company's retirement plan, a Life insurance plan, 20 days of annual leave and the transportation allowance.
No housing allowance

Do you think it is still a good offer even with no overtime paid ? Btw it is not a japanese company, it is a european bank.

Thank you !!
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 18:45
(It's the same poster - I did not log in earlier...)

When I said check if overtime pay is included, I was thinking of unlimited work hours, as the pay does sound pretty good. But if you already know the expected work hours (and are sure of it) that should be OK. I was more afraid of you having to show up at something like 7:30 (some financial institutions do start early) and having to stay very late hours.

Be sure the company does provide assistance finding a suitable housing, though they are not paying the rent. They will probably need to be the guarantor for the rent contract.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 18:48
This is a very decent pay. Many foreigners who came to Japan survived on the minimum wage 250 000 yen a month, and yours is more than twice the amount.
by Murakami Seirin rate this post as useful

Re: Y600,000 enough to live in Tokyo? 2014/10/25 19:23
Yes I am sure for the working hours.

Thank you very much for your advice !

by David (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread