Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama Hokuriku Pass 2014/10/26 12:58
Hi,
I have bought the Takayama Hokuriku Pass and will be activating it in Japan in early Nov. I am going Shirakawago and Kanazawa the next day after I reach Takayama. As I understand the Nohi/Hokutstsu buses operating between Takayama and Kanazawa require prior booking, can I book the buses before I activate my JR Pass in Japan, or is it still in time for me to book it when I reach Takayama?
by SL (guest)  

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Pass 2014/10/26 14:12
As I understand the Nohi/Hokutstsu buses operating between Takayama and Kanazawa require prior booking

Yes, all buses to Kanazawa require reservations, but some buses between Takayama and Shirakawago do not:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/shirakawago.html

can I book the buses before I activate my JR Pass in Japan

Yes, bus seat reservations can be made from one month in advance. But most of the time it is okay to make them just on the day of travel.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Pass 2014/10/26 20:15
Thanks Uji. I realized the bus timings I am looking at all require prior booking. However, I have decided to just book it there.
by SL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread