Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

advice itenerary hokaido 16-24 jan 2015 2014/10/26 18:29
I will travel with family members of 8 including me to Hokaido, This is the first time to travel to Hokaido and would like to see Tsurui, Rausu and abesiri then Ashahikawa, Otaru, Noboritsuu, Sapporo and tomamu. Any suggestion should we buy jr pass or part with jr pass and part with car hire?
Also as this is winter any of the above area should be deleted or added? Many thanks for your advice.
by meiumg  

Re: advice itenerary hokaido 16-24 jan 2015 2014/10/28 10:31
Will you cover all places by bullet train?
If yes, Jr Hokkaid 7 days pass will be worth.
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/railpass/rail01.html
by honsyu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: advice itenerary hokaido 16-24 jan 2015 2014/10/29 10:23
Since when did Hokkaido have bullet train?

Unless you are taking a train in from an international airport like HND, NRT, CIA, KIX there isn't a need for a JR Pass.
You could use the Hokkaido Pass.

Note that if you are confident in your driving, rental car is the best option for Hokkaido.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: advice itenerary hokaido 16-24 jan 2015 2014/10/29 13:26
Thanks Honsyu & Joshua.
I am thinking of rental car for east hokaido area for 3days and continue with jr hokaido pass from abesiri towards west area Sapporo etc, because so many forum advicing not to drive in winter time.

If driving is fine maybe I will considering rental car for the whole 8 days with additional snow tyres. Is this a good idea Joshua?
(I have international license D allowing me to rent 10 passanger car such as hiace).

many thanks

I have international license D allowing me to drive hiace for 10 passanger.
by meiumg rate this post as useful

reply to this thread