Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2014/10/27 20:40
Hello
Appreciate advice, please.
How much is the bus fare of Kamenoi Bus 26 from
(i) Beppu station to Chinoike jigoku?
(ii) Chinoike jigoku to Umi jigoku?
(iii) Umi jigoku to Beppu station?
Thank you.
by Jack (guest)  

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2014/10/28 08:08
I am not sure why I find it so difficult to find these fares, but I failed after five minutes of searching. They will likely be a couple of hundred yen or so each.

What I found out, though, is that there is a 900 yen day pass (I am afraid you may be asking to find out whether regular tickets would be cheaper...) and that IC cards, including Suica and Icoca, can be used on the buses in Beppu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2014/10/28 09:01
Thanks Uji.
I browsed through Kamenoi Bus website and was surprised that I could not locate the bus fare. I guess it must be hiding somewhere and I could not find it because I know no Japanese.
Indeed, nowadays, almost anything can be found from the internet and this is probably one of the few I could not.
Nevertheless, thank you for your reply. I may just take up the guided tour offered by Kamenoi Bus though it is pretty expensive at 3740Y.
Thank you.
by Jack (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2014/10/29 01:29
Sometimes I write down daily costs when I travel.

Chinoike Jigoku to Kannawa Onsen area - 180 yen. Kannawa to Beppu station - 320 yen. The bus stop in Kannawa Onsen was probably a couple of stops away from Umi Jigoku.
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2014/10/29 09:47
Thanks for the earlier reply.
I do that sometimes to ensure I didnt misplace my money.
by Jack (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2018/1/13 09:11
Jan,2018. Beppu have 2 bus companies, their ticket do not work together. I used Kamenoi Bus. The other one is Oita Bus. The fare start from 140 yen max out at 330 yen depends on the distant traveled. The one day pass from Kamenoi Bus is 900 yen is pertty reasonable. You can get on and off anytime you like. If you get the city bus schedule, number with circle around it is Kamenoi Bus. The other one is number with square around it.
by Richard (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kamenoi bus fare in Beppu 2018/1/23 11:08
(i) Beppu station to Chinoike jigoku 390yen
(ii) Chinoike jigoku to Umi jigoku? 190yen (get off at Kannawa)
(iii) Umi jigoku to Beppu station? 330yen

I recommend you buy 900yen all you can ride one day bus ticket at the Beppu JR station information desk.
by EZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread