Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 11:15
Hello,

May anyone please help me with my travel itenerary. I will be arriving in Japan via Narita Airport and will be staying in Nihonbashi for a night then leave the next day for Hiroshima then will take a night trip to Fukuoka and stay there for 1 night and 2 days.
Also, is it worth to but the JR Pass for just a 4 day trip?

Thank you all in advance for the help.

:)
by estee536  

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 11:42
No, a 7-day JR Pass does not pay off for Tokyo-Hakata one way.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 12:00
Ok thanks for that but may you please give me any suggestion on how to go about my trip. I mean, what is the best mode of transportation should I take?

Thanks again.
by estee536 rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 16:16
Don't know when you travel and what time but you can take the Nozomi shinkansen which leaves Tokyo Station at 8:30 and will arrive in Hiroshima at 12:31. No transfers, costs 19080 yen.

You can take the Shinkansen (Mizuho or Nozomi) from Hiroshima to Hakata station which takes about 1 hour and costs roughly 6200 yen.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 16:20
You could also fly from Tokyo (Haneda airport) to Fukuoka and make a daytrip to Hiroshima from Fukuoka. Maybe there will be cheap flight tickets.

There are also flights from Haneda to Hiroshima airport, so idk.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 17:56
Thanks sooooo much...I am actually arriving tomorrow, October 30th. i will make a walk tour from Nihonbashi to Ginza when I arrive then go back to my hotel then travel in the afternoon (the next day)to Hiroshima. Not sure yet if i will spend a night in Hiroshima but I'll definitely spend a night in Fukuoka before I leave on the 2nd of November.

Thanks again. Take care and have fun! :)

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 18:40
Some additional information.

Narita to Nihonbashi

Depending your arrival time, you might get a direct train (Keisei Sky access) to Nihombashi. If JR is more convenient, buy NEX direct ticket (you must transfer at somewhere to subway).

Tokyo Hiroshima Hakata

Tokyo to Hakata fare (not including the Shinkansen fee), it is cheaper than the two tickets (Tokyo to Hiroshima and Hisoshima to Hakata). In any case you must buy Shinkansen tickets (Tokyo to Hiroshima and Hiroshima to Hakata) separately. With Tokyo-Hakata ticket, you can get off at Hiroshima (and everywhere on the way). Please explain your itinerary in the ticket booth and tell that you want to buy ticket to Hakata and Shinkansen ticket to Hiroshima. I think non-resreved Shinkansen ticket may be enough: You will get on at Tokyo which is the starting station so that you can get the seat rather easily.

Ticket for Tokyo to Hakata is about 3000 yen cheaper than the sum of Tokyo to Hiroshima and Hiroshima to Hakata tickets. Of course, do keep your ticket after you got off at Hiroshima. You must use it to go to Hakata.

Non-reserved ticket for Hiroshima is about 1000 yen cheaper than the reserved ticket.

Have a nice trip!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 21:14
Wow...Thanks frog1954..that will save me some yen...nice to know. I will be arriving to Narita at 10:35AM of Oct. 30 and will stay for a day in a hotel in Nihonbashi. I am planning to stroll around Nihonbashi going to Ginza. Not sure where else to go from there. Then I'll probably leave the next day for Hiroshima. I am hoping to take a lunch trip. I'll most probably stay the whole afternoon in Hiroshima and maybe have my dinner there before going to Fukuoka.

By the way, if I am going to but the direct ticket from Tokyo to Fukuoka, with a stop in Hiroshima, how long am I allowed to stay in Hiroshima before my next trip to Fukuoka? Does my question make sense? I did't actually know how the train stop works for a direct ticket.

Thank you so much. :)

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 21:32
I will be arriving to Narita at 10:35AM of Oct. 30 and will stay for a day in a hotel in Nihonbashi.

http://goo.gl/bnygqN

Take Route 2.

I am hoping to take a lunch trip. I'll most probably stay the whole afternoon in Hiroshima and maybe have my dinner there before going to Fukuoka.

Do you mean you will not stay a night in Hiroshima?
If you want to go to Miyajima by JR train, you must purchase a round trip ticket from Hiroshima to Miyajima.

how long am I allowed to stay in Hiroshima before my next trip to Fukuoka? Does my question make sense?

Sure, that is a good question. The answer is 7 days. It depends on the distance the ticket covers. In this case it is 1174.9 km and the valid period for that distance is 7 days.

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 21:44
Take Route 2.

This train changes its name twice, but it is the same train. You do not need to change trains. If you are worried, you can ask the station attendant and the passengers on the train. In that case, do not speak too much English. Just say "Nihombashi?" slowly.

After arriving the hotel, you should ask for a map around the hotel and ask to point our some nice shops/restaurants. The hotel clerk will happily tell you the way.

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 21:53
Thanks again frog1954. I will use hyperdia for navigation and I will definitely go to Miyajima. I wont probably stay in Hiroshima coz I have not booked any hotel there.

Well, got to get ready now. I have a few hours left before my flight.

Thanks everyone. Wish me luck on my first trip to Japan...wooohoooo!!! :)

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/29 22:00
OK, now you are ready! When you arrive Japan and have some questions, please write here.

Enjoy!

Re: Arriving in Narita and departing from Fukuoka 2014/10/30 05:45
I will be arriving to Narita at 10:35AM of Oct. 30 and will stay for a day in a hotel in Nihonbashi.

Sorry, the Hyperdia results was wrong. You can't catch 10:44 Keisei Narita Sky Access Exp. Try this and take Route 3.

http://goo.gl/qyUDXO

I think you are on the airplane or in the airport. Hope this helps.

reply to this thread