Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Seek advice on 8D7N itinerary 2014/10/29 15:10
Hello Forumer,
Will be visiting Tokyo from 20Nov 2014 for 8D7N. Would like to visit Tokyo,Hakone, Nagoya, Kyoto and if possible Osaka. Will reach Tokyo airport about 11am. together 4 pax. Shall I just travel down to Hakone (2 night), then Nagoya (1 night) then Kyoto (1 night) then Osaka (1 night), then Tokyo (2 night). Depart from Tokyo.
Is it too rush as too many place to go?
What is the cheapest transport I can use to travel to these places.
Still not fix on itinerary, as not sure how to travel around. Seem like lot of places to visit.
Open to all suggestion.
Appreciate all advise and big thank you in advance for any advise given.

Regards
VT
by KoTa (guest)  

Re: Seek advice on 8D7N itinerary 2014/10/29 22:58
The locations you've listed are not located in 1 region. Please refer to http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623.html to see how far they are from each other.

i would suggest that you focus on 2/3 locations for 8D7N itinerary.
by fave (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Seek advice on 8D7N itinerary 2014/10/30 10:21
Dear Kota,

Hakone is good for relaxing and enjoying nature but unless interested in Fuji Q land, it is best to spend only one night here.

For Osaka/Kyoto having a night each, I recommened spending both nights in Osaka. Osaka hotels are cheaper. And Osaka has excellent after sunset entertainment. Food stalls along Dontomonbori opens up. Pubs and clubs becomes alive. In Kyoto, Gion too opens up at night. But spending an hour or two here on an evening is enough. After which, head to Osaka where you can get food even after 11pm!

See Kyoto attractions in the day and Osaka attractions at night.

Spending a night in Nagoya is fine, but if you aren't into classy bars or the night life of the city, you could spend the night in Osaka/Kyoto to save on traveling time the next morning.

If you decide to spend only a night in Hakone, you can use the saved night on Tokyo or another place (Uji, Kamakura... etc)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread