Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 00:53
Hi, am planning for my japan trip next jan/feb..
Itinerary :
Day 1: 9.20pm arrived at kansai airport
Day 2: osaka namba hotel - umeda/shopping areas
Day 3: osaka
Day 4: osaka to Kobe
Day 5: travel from osaka to takayama -shirakawago lights up
Day 6: takayama - exploring the areas
Day 7: takayama travel to kyoto -gion areas
Day 8: kyoto - day trip to hakone sightseeing loop
Day 9: kyoto - arashimaya tourist attraction
Day 10: kyoto - day trip to Nara
Day 11: kyoto to kansai airport

Wondering if you guys could advise if 7 days jr pass would be worth to get from day 4 to day 10? Does it cover my trips to Kobe , Nara and arashimaya ?

For day 1 and 10, I'm looking to purchase the haruku and icoca pass to facilitate my journey to and fro kansai airport...

Thanks for all advices
by Ling (guest)  

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 14:12
7D JR-Pass too much.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

7D JR-Pass matched for more wide area round travel.
ex) [west]Hiroshima - Osaka - Tokyo[East] by Shinkansen.
by PIVA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 15:56
I agree, you would be spending too much for your actual travel. Nothing in the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe area should cost more 1000 yen or 10 USD one way. Im not quite sure about the location of Takayama, but I am very sure it does not justify buying the JR pass. You can check a website called Jordan how much each single ticket is, and calculate your total spenditure.
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 20:22
hi all, thanks for your advices...

i was using hyperdia to check on the cost of traveling from kyoto to hakone, one way trip is JPY 12,800, so if to and fro, its about JPY25,600. so i thought it might be cheaper to get the 7 days JR pass... kindly correct me if my understanding is incorrect. as it is my first time to japan and planning out the itinerary.

thanks alot!
by ling (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 21:22
In that case you are right, but you should also consider the price of that daytrip. If Hakone make it necessary to buy a JR ticket, then why don't you find something interesting closer to Kansai? Something like Himeji or Okayama, or perhaps Tottori.

Then again: if you really want to visit Hakone, do not let me stop you :)

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 21:26
One more question to make sure:

Are you sure you mean Hakone, and not Hikone? In case you mean Hikone, it will be a lot cheaper than goin to Hakone from Kyoto :)

Re: 7 days JR pass itinerary 2014/10/30 21:43
Hi max, I'm intending to visit hakone, going to the hakone sightseeing loop, hoping to get a glimpse of Mount Fuji.
Will also be heading to takayama from osaka and from takayama to kyoto.

Thank you!
by Ling (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread