Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 01:55
Hi everyone, My name is Kenny and I wanted to go to Japan for college but I have been confused latley. I am a web designer, I want to go to collage to major in that, I want to be around Tokyo, I wanted to become an actor, I took drama class in highschool, I know Japanese but not enough, I am hoping for a scholarship, I have Mostly A's and some B's in highschool. I am stuck, can someone help me and suggest what I should do and by the way, I want a solution were I can go to Japan when I am 18 and not stay in America, I am planning to live in japan so it is not just short term, I know acting in an unstable job so can web designing support me? I have friends in Tokyo, that's why I want to be in the area, some of them are models, they can probably recommend me to agency, right? I just need some help.
by Kenny (guest)  

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 14:16
Apply for MEXT scholarship to study at a vocational school or senmon gakkou for web designing courses. You'll be awarded a diploma certificate or senmon-shi at the d of the 2 years. That senmon-shi will enable you to work in Japan after graduation if you're hired/sponsored by a company in Japan.

Mext scholarship also includes Japanese language learning before the vocational course.
by Murakami Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 16:06
It is possible, but you will either need a lot of money or the financial support of your parents to carry out your plan. Assuming you can get into a school, your student visa would allow you to work part time, but it would be difficult to make enough to cover your tuition and living costs by yourself. Modeling and acting are probably not the best prospects, and if you are a web designer you're probably better off doing that part time while you are in school. Note that scholarships are tough to come by. If you are from the US you may be able to qualify for financial aid, but only for certain schools like Temple or Sophia.

What is it that you really want to do though? As it seems you have multiple plans, but no cohesive direction. Best to focus on what you really want, and avoid all this chutohampa planning. Btw, check out these similar threads, the OP is in pretty much the exact same situation:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+119039
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+119038#0
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 16:41
Best to focus on what you really want, and avoid all this chutohampa planning.

Not to mention that all significant scholarships, the MEXT one very much included, require a very precise study plan. Nobody wants to fund a clueless teenager to slack off.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 16:54
tbh I actually think this is Kisukeyo, posting under another name...
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/30 23:44
wow! I guess are situations are simliar with Kisukeyo, but I am willing to take any part time job, I'm not looking forward to making it to Todai, I had no idea about the limited work thing in Japan. But the MEXT scholarship thing gave me a lot of help, Thank you guys.

tbh I actually think this is Kisukeyo, posting under another name...

Haha, I guess we do have certain things in common, but is there a reason he would post under a different name?
by Kenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 01:34
He has posted under another name before ;)
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 02:47
oh, either you caught him before or you are possibly a moderator? Why would he do that though?

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 03:04
idk why he does that

Look at the post: Is getting a singing careering Japan hard?

OP is Singer432 (guest), and then Kisukeyo answers after OP had gotten a reply?

Coincidence? I don't think so.
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 04:14
He corrected himself I saw but bottom line is if he were me, why would he post two of similar questions under two different names?

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 08:56
why would he post two of similar questions under two different names?

"In my previous thread, people didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, so maybe if I ask the same question under a different name and worded slightly differently, they will."

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 18:22
There are lots of legitimate reasons. Sometimes posters make a new screen name to get a fresh take on their situation or if they've consolidated their plan. This also happens especially when their old username is somehow tainted, or people are hounding them without actually considering their questions.

Frankly, I think you guys are the same person. The situations and especially the language used are just too similar, plus Kisukeyo has been caught doing it on another thread. Either way, I hope you got some helpful answers.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/10/31 23:59
Okey dokey, so this means Kisukeyo has been "hounded" and people don't pay close attention to his forum. I have to say that I really don't have any evidence of me not being him, do any of you have a way?

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/11/1 07:26
That doesn't really matter. In any case, you are what I call "two copies of the same kid", the same answers apply. Basically, you first need a serious plan, which you don't seem to have at the moment.

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/11/2 16:22
okey dokey.

Re: Future Plans for Japan 2014/11/5 13:29
I have to say that I really don't have any evidence of me not being him, do any of you have a way?

Kisukeyo/Kenny,

Yes, the forum logs suggest that you two are the same person. You can post under different names, but please refrain from sockpuppeting.
by admin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread