Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 03:40
Is it possible to enjoy a day trip to Jinata Onsen, I cannot find a time table for the ship journey whether it's the larger boat at 10hours or the high speed trip at 2hours 20 minutes.

Both from tokyo.
by kms899  

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 15:24
Day I think that's impossible.
Residence time 2 hours in the large boat.
Is a high-speed jet is a 1-hour stay time.
Because it is a hot spring in the sea, by the ebb and flow, like temperature is not stable, it seems timing of the start is difficult.
Please translate here.
http://www.tokaikisen.co.jp/time_price/timetable/2014_17.shtml
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 15:48
by NineD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 20:23
Thank you both for your reply.

I found all the information , but the english link does not work, only the japanese language works.

My inital destination was kusatsu, was there last year, but decided to visit Shikinejima for the beauty of the island and the onsen, I have decided to extend for a night stay, as a day is not enough.

I will take the large boat ride for 10 hours from 2200 and arrivel sometime 0900, and stay overnight at one of the ryokan or minshuku, then leave on a jet boat at 1300 and should arrive back at tokyo at around 1630.

from the site , I cannot make out the price for the slow boat from tokyo to Shikinejima and jet boat from Shikinejima to tokyo.

can someone help out on the price listing.

thanks

by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 23:49
You can be translated addresses homepage in translation software, can be viewed in this way.
https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=j.... shtml & edit-text =

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 23:51
ª and when I try to link, it was an error.
If you put the address of the above translated into software such as google translate, you can see the approximate details.

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/30 23:57

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/31 00:17
I think I have all the details I need, I just need to update the detail for next year when it's available.

thanks for all the help.

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/10/31 02:11
Just one more question for those who has been, will I need to reserve a seat from tokyo to Shikinejima for the passenger boat, or can you just do everything on the same day.

I will be arriving in japan on the 9th june, and will travel to Shikinejima on the 10th june and return back to tokyo on the 12th, will a reservation be needed for the speed jet ferry for this date.

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/11/1 00:24
Now, it is noticed, June is the rainy season.
It is not a very best time.
I think it and go unless hit by typhoons.
Reservation seems to be from 2 months before the ride.
Also it has been commented before, temperature changes due to tides.
If the residence time is 4 hours it is also possible that it is not put not to the temperature of the best hot springs.
http://4travel.jp/travelogue/10791965
Move seems to be recommended for electric bicycle rental or rental bike.
http://shikinejima.net/genbeicyclecenter/
Bicycle rental'm here nearest from the harbor, but do not know whether there is electric cycle.
http://domestic.travel.yahoo.co.jp/bin/tifdetail?no=jtb23360720&genre=...
From hot springs to the harbor takes more than 30 minutes to walk.

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/11/1 01:20
Thanks for the reply, I have no choice, my airline ticket has already been purchased, and no refund or change dates can be done.

When the time gets closer to June i'll have to see how the whether is, then I can change my iternary is needed.

anyway

I will arrive at haneda on the 9th about 0505 in the morning, so I have the intention to buy the slow passenger boat ticket when I get off the monorail for the journey on the 10th at 2200, do you think buying the ticket at this time is too late.

I will be getting the 2nd class ticket, will you consider the chair or the floor, or go for a 2nd class special ticket.

Is it best to get accommodation before arriving at the island, or are they freely avaialble.

And I do have the intention hire a electric bike when on the island, hopefully there are places you can lock them up if I want to enjoy the three onsen.

Re: day trip to Jinata Onsen 2014/11/1 02:49
I am considering another idea, it will all depend on the 9th when I know what the actual price of the ticket will cost, if the price of the special 2nd class ticket is very similar to the high speed jet boat, I might decide to leave on the 11th in the morning for the high speed boat, then I will need to find a accommodation on the 10th in tokyo.

reply to this thread