Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

HyperDia, Train tickets prices are correct? 2014/11/1 10:23
Hello

We are going to use on our three week trip to Japan, a two week JR rail pass. Since we will spend the last seven days in Osaka-Kyoto Region I've calculated as of HyperDia website the following additional train ticket prices:

Nara - Osaka 800yen (JR Yamatoji Line Regional Rapid Service)
Osaka - Kyoto 560yen (Jr rapid special service)
Kyoto - Nagoya 2590 (JR rapid, change at Maibara)

Now I was wondering if the prices on the HyperDia website are correct and reliable? Do we need to book in advance these extra train tickets (travelling time 22-28 Nov)?

Thank you
Tinka

by Tinka2006  

Re: HyperDia, Train tickets prices are correct? 2014/11/1 13:18
Now I was wondering if the prices on the HyperDia website are correct and reliable?

Yes, they are.

Do we need to book in advance these extra train tickets (travelling time 22-28 Nov)?

None of the trains you list allows for seat reservations. Just buy the tickets before departure or use an IC card to pay the fare.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: HyperDia, Train tickets prices are correct? 2014/11/1 14:04
Regular commuter train and local bus are no seat booking system any area in Japan.

IC card "ICOCA" invalid Kyoto to Nagoya as over ride after Maibara stn .
ICOCA(JR West) valid until Maibara and "toica(JR Tokai IC card)" area from Sekigahara stn.
ICOCA works toica and manaka(non-JR railways and buses in Nagoya IC card)
and "PiTaPa" card area in Kyoto,Nara and Osaka for non-JR railways and buses most.
[PDF] http://urx.nu/dDDe
by LC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: HyperDia, Train tickets prices are correct? 2014/11/1 15:31
Great, thanks a lot!
by Tinka2006 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread