Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass Holder Takayama to Kawaguchiko 2014/11/1 11:10
Hello to all,
Wanting some advice, travelling from Takayama to Kawaguchiko with the JRpass. I find the JR maximised route a bit the long way around Nagoya/Tokyo/Otsuki/Kawaguchiko/Otsuki/Shinjuku.

After doing some reading, i think this would be more direct &efficient route for me, and i have no issues with extra fees etc..

-Takayama/Nagoya/Mishima, Fujikyu Bus line/Kawaguchiko.
-Kawaguchiko Fujikyu Rail line/Otsuki/End destination Shinjuku.

Appreciate any advice or comments.
Kind Regards
Ken.

by Ken K (guest)  

Re: JR Pass Holder Takayama to Kawaguchiko 2014/11/1 13:25
If you travel before March 14, 2015, I recommend the following route:

Takayama - (JR limited express train) - Nagoya - (Tokaido Shinkansen) - Mishima - (JR local trains via Numazu) - Gotemba - (bus) - Kawaguchiko

Everything is covered by the pass except the bus from Gotemba to Kawaguchiko.

If you do not mind paying a little bit more extra in order to reduce the number of transfers, you could also take a direct non-JR bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko.

From March 14, 2015, the Hokuriku Shinkansen starts operating. A different route via Toyama may then become available, but it is difficult to judge with the actual timetables not available yet. Probably not, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass Holder Takayama to Kawaguchiko 2014/11/1 17:05
Thanks Uji,
Appreciate your response, and it reinforces what I think is the most direct route with minimum transfers, with the additional Bus to Kawaguchiko/Rail to Otsuki fee (approx 3400Y).

Travelling dates are end of March 2015, interesting to note the new shinkansen line, which may be suitable then. Will check closer to date.

Thanks again.
Ken
by Ken k (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread