Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Evening travel to Narita & capsule hotel 2014/11/2 02:37
Hello everyone,

I have been looking at when the last trains are from Tokyo to Narita airport and am getting a little confused. Could someone help me with the last train that goes to Narita?

We are thinking of going there the night before our flight and staying at the 9h capsule hotel so that we are there ready for our flight the next day that leaves at 10.50am...and also get to stay in a capsule hotel!

But we are worried that this might not be the best way to spend our last night and may be better to stay in tokyo then catch early morning train.

Can anyone help us?

by Kellie and Luke  

Re: Evening travel to Narita & capsule hotel 2014/11/2 10:25
The last trains arrive at the airport around 22:50. You can look them up here:
http://www.hyperdia.com/

Trains to Narita Station (as opposed to the airport) operate until after midnight, but Narita Station is still many kilometers away from the airport.

With a 10am departure, I also suggest to spend the last night close to the airport.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Evening travel to Narita & capsule hotel 2014/11/2 10:29
my advice would be to stay in a hotel near Narita city, the last trains from Tokyo run much later than the last trains to Narita airport. In the morning you can take the train or bus to the airport.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Evening travel to Narita & capsule hotel 2014/11/2 10:40
My flights have always left at 11:00am and I've never had an issue taking a train at 7:30-8:00 and making it to Narita by 9:00am.

Once I check through and get to my gate, the lady at the vending kiosk next to the gate points at the flight number and then at me and I nod in agreement. She then tells me, "too early!" And smiles.

You have plenty of time to make an early a.m. Train and spending the night in Tokyo.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Evening travel to Narita & capsule hotel 2014/11/2 18:58
Thank you for your advice everyone. I am not a very good morning person so I think maybe I will look at some places to stay in Narita city - it will be another experience too. I might have to find a capsule hotel to stay in somewhere else. Thanks again :)
by Kellie and Luke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread