Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/7 23:37
Hello~

I have a 7-day JR pass, and are planning to travel from Tokyo (Shinjuku Station) to Kawaguchiko Station to visit Mt Fuji.

I have checked various sites, all mentioned that JR pass is not valid for route between Otsuki Station to Kawaguchiko Station, as it is operated by Fujikyu Railway.

However, when I search thru Hyperdia, Ltd Exp Narita Express also covers the route between both stations, and my understanding is that JR pass is valid for this train.

My question is that could I use JR pass for this train when travelling from Otsuki to Kawaguchiko? Or is there any information i have missed?
by Jungle (guest)  

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 16:24
I have checked various sites, all mentioned that JR pass is not valid for route between Otsuki Station to Kawaguchiko Station, as it is operated by Fujikyu Railway.

They are all correct.

However, when I search thru Hyperdia, Ltd Exp Narita Express also covers the route between both stations, and my understanding is that JR pass is valid for this train.

It is one example of a JR train using a non-JR track. Rail pass holders will have to pay for the part traveled on non-JR tracks.

In case you refer to the Kanto Area Pass, the the entire journey will be covered.

Note that the Narita Express is running to Kawaguchiko only temporarily on selected weekends. Most of the time it is not running there.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 16:26
I have typed Narita 2 and Kawaguchiko stations on Hyperdia and unticked "private railways", leaving only JR trains and this is the result:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=NARITA%20AIRPORT%2...

There are no JR trains that make it to Kawaguchiko station.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 16:28
I guess Hyperdia doesn't discriminate when a JR train uses non=Jr lines. If you untick Private Rail, it doesn't show any result.

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 16:30
There are no JR trains that make it to Kawaguchiko station.

Yes, there are a few trains, but not many, including the Narita Express (temporarily on selected dates) and some direct rapid trains (also only on selected dates).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 19:40
@ John B
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/product/android/

Not all way of HyperDia.
by Bao (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 20:08
Thank you Bao, but it's not worth the price if you can just homepage the actual site on your phone, which mine is an iPhone. I just use the free site and it's better because you don't have to spell it correctly-it'll give you options.

Re: Travel to Kawaguchiko St on Narita Express 2014/11/8 20:54
Thanks for all the reply. =)
by Jungle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread