Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/9 13:03
Please tell which are good Indian restaurants in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka and their location.
by Gangoh  

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/9 15:56
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/9 16:43
Ichibanya, and Japanese style curry general, is not at all Indian. For authentic Indian, I've heard that the 2 Spice Magic resturants in Nishi-Kasai are very good, and most people recommend Nishi-Kasai in general. The only indian restaurant that I can personally recommend out of the ones I've been to in Tokyo is Minami Indo Dining in Nakano, but I've also had Dhaba in Kyobashi recommended several times. Dhaba probably has the beat reputation and is one of the most popular for Authentic regional Indian food.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/10 09:57
From the link above, I can enthusiastically recommend Dhaba, Khyber, Gurgaon, and Dharmasagara. The two branches of Nirvanam have great food, although service can be hit-or-miss. The two Spice Magics in Nishi-Kasai are also quite good, although perhaps not as ambitious; they're certainly good value for money though.

In Kyoto I quite like Kerala (http://www.bento.com/kansai/rev/7191.html) although I haven't been back since they moved to new quarters.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/10 11:27
There are so many Indian restaurants in Tokyo its unnecessary to trek across the city to a specific one to eat at. You can simply use google maps wherever you are and choose the best reviewed one of the several or more that will be within walking distance.
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/10 12:15
Well you know different people do have different priorities and interests. I've been to at least seven Indian restaurants within a ten-minute walk from where I live, and the best of them is very, very good, but I would still travel across town to eat at Dharmasagara or Dhaba.

Also, some shops specialize in the cooking of different regions of India, so the food can be very different from the average neighborhood shop.

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/10 14:11
Well yes I'm aware they're not all the same. The pervasiveness of decent Indian restaurants throughout the city is something I thought worth conveying. I'll qualify my answer with 'unless you're looking for something specific'.
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/11 07:59
One of my favorite Indian restaurants is Diya in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo. I would highly recommend it.
by Linnea (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/12 22:48
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/13 09:36
Don't get me wrong, I love Japanese curry, just as I love Thai curry and Vietnamese curry, but if someone says they're looking for a good Indian restaurant and you send them to Nakamuraya, they're just going to be disappointed.

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/15 03:32
There is really good Indian restaurant in Roppongi called Moti. It near popular street.
by adventureguy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/15 22:37
Umami Dearest:
Not someone, someone with a sign of India. Look the links I attached. I just introduced a kind of secret story on Rash Behari Bose, a famous person in India. I am not sure with his altitude to Bose, though.
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2014/11/15 23:07
Luisp, thanks, that was an interesting story.

I've eaten at Nakamuraya though, and I'll just say that if someone had sent me there telling me it was a good Indian restaurant I would have been very disappointed.

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2016/4/18 17:38
Thank you to all for responding.
by Gangoh rate this post as useful

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2016/4/18 22:34
Ha, that was a year and a half ago! I hope you found some good Indian food!

Re: Indian restaurants in Tokyo 2016/4/25 01:18
Where of Tokyo is it?
Is the restaurant you are looking for north India, south Indian which way?

Khan kebab biryani (Ginza/Shimbashi)
tabelog.com/tokyo/A1301/A130103/13170211/

SAHIFA KEBAB & BIRYANI (Roppongi)
http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1307/A130701/13144423/

I think all kebab biryani and the shops which there is to be delicious.
biryani is Indian style.
by akiexc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread