Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sapporo / Snow Festival / Shoes? 2014/11/9 13:23
Hi again, everyone. I've booked tickets for a trip in February 2015 :)

There's a possibility I will be traveling to Sapporo during the weekend of the Snow Festival.

That said, my main question is about footwear during slick/snow (whether it's Sapporo, mainly, or elsewhere such as Tokyo).

I spotted this page on the Welcome Sapporo website:
http://www.welcome.city.sapporo.jp/special/feature_article/winter-trip...

Among other great tips, it mentions the ability to buy no-slip cleats that you can clip onto your shoes. Is this as widely available as it sounds in Sapporo? I can just walk to a conbini and find some to use over three days? :)

Thanks in advance!
by WongJP  

Re: Sapporo / Snow Festival / Shoes? 2014/11/9 19:51
The suggestions in this older thread might still be relevant:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+110288

I can't say much more about them though, as I didn't use them on my trip to the Yuki Matsuri this year (hopefully other forum members with the requisite experience can offer more information). I wore a pair of hiking shoes with rugged soles and they worked well enough for me, though there were a couple of times when I almost slipped on patches of ice along the pavements.

Cheers, and enjoy the Yuki Matsuri . . . I certainly did!
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo / Snow Festival / Shoes? 2014/11/10 12:37
Thank you for the response & tips/link, Diego!
by WongJP rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo / Snow Festival / Shoes? 2014/11/15 07:16
I was at the festival four years ago. Clip on's readily available in shoe and adventure stores and were very successful. At the time they were only about $A10
by Broulee rate this post as useful

Re: Sapporo / Snow Festival / Shoes? 2014/11/16 13:38
Thanks Broulee :)
by WongJP rate this post as useful

reply to this thread