Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/15 05:25
Hi,
I have collected a lot of Japanese manga since many years, now I am trying to rid myself of a lot of these.

I am located in Sweden so no Bookoff, no Craigslist, etc...

I cannot sell on Ebay international for some reason (yes I have contacted them), only .co.uk, etc..

Same with Amazon.com as they can't pay me to a Swedish bank account.

The market for Japanese language manga is low here except for very popular titles like Dragon Ball, etc.

The site JPQueen disappeared ages ago so I don't know where to turn with this.

I asked BookOff in Japan if they accept buyers from abroad but I have to live in Japan, and the shipping would be too much to even make it worth.

The only option seems to be throwing it away, which would be a shame for such pieces of art.

Anyone got any idea where to sell these off? Help would be much appreciated.
by Stackabo (guest)  

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/16 04:04
Isn't there a swedish manga community with a forum or something? I think there must be one in almost every country. I'm sure there you will find some people interested in your books. Maybe there is also a swedish or scandinavian secondhand website equivalent to ebay you can try. My last suggestion is to try a book store in your country that deals in second hand books. Maybe they are willing to gamble on it if the price is right.

Bottomline: be creative :)
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/16 08:49
Thanks for the reply :)

In fact I did try a few manga community forums but the interest was low. Thats why I put the question here. Searching on the net just brought me to Ebay.

I could of course try some secondhand bookstores (unfortunately they are not as big as Book off, and not too positive they would prefer anything else than english or swedish manga if at all).
by Stackabo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/17 10:41
I cannot sell on Ebay international for some reason (yes I have contacted them), only .co.uk, etc..

There is not Ebay International site, nor is there a Sweden localized site. If you want to sell international you'll have to use one of the localized sites and then offer international shipping. I did find this page if it helps:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/se/

The only option seems to be throwing it away, which would be a shame for such pieces of art.

Have you thought about donating it to a local library?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/17 11:53
The other this year seems to have ended.
However, secondhand book market of Kulturfestival will be held in Drottninggatan of Stockholm in the summer.
This year, it seems the Japanese were selling books in Japanese.
It had accepted the book donation of Japanese before that.
Since might do next year, please try if inquiry if you are interested.
You will find the address below.
Please change the stars @.
http://ameblo.jp/swedenmi/entry-11867214681.html
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/17 18:31
haro,
I did not hear about the Kulturfestival. I will take a look at that, might be an option. Thank you :)

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/17 20:27
I don't know if it is allowed (tell me if it isn't), but what do you have and how much do you want for it?

Gr,

Felix
by Felix (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/17 20:49
You do have craigslist in Sweden.
http://stockholm.craigslist.se
I do not undestand the language, but "till salu" is for sale?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/19 04:09
Did not know there was a craigslist here. Till salu is for sale right. Did not find many manga ads so maybe again not a good place :/

Felix,
Not sure if it is allowed. It says no advertisements or personal ads. Not sure how to contact you either as I dont think it is good or allowed to put up contact info here.

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/19 07:17
You two can become full-fledged members and stop signing in as guests. Then you have the ability to PM each other on this site.
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/21 23:07
Alrighty.
(Already had an account, forgot about that). Please return to me Felix-san if you have an account.
by lordzubat rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/24 03:24
Contact your local university library. They should have a curator in charge of Japanese or Eastern literature. They would most likely accept it as a donation or offer you something for the collection, so that they could have some of the real thing for students to examine.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/24 08:48
If there is enough of a Japanese community in Stockholm/Sweden to support a Japanese grocery store, the store might have a used book corner where their customers can pick up used books in Japanese at low cost. The store might accept your manga, but I wouldn't expect to receive much (or anything) for them. Used magazines just don't have much value, as you probably already know.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to sell used Japanese manga? 2014/11/27 23:22
I realized that sending the books abroad and paying for shipping myself wont do as it will probably be more than the books worth itself.

I will contact the local university (still, it is nearly 50 km from here so it will be a hassle getting it there atm) if they are interested.

I did try to sell them to a Japanese shop in Stockholm once but they were not interested (even though most comics are nearly mint/new condition).

The last option would be a local anime/manga forum, but there seem to be too many people who are too young to even bother.

reply to this thread