Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 00:27
I was married to a Japanese man year 2000 here in the phils.i went to japan june 1 of 2001 and we divorced june28,2001 at the same time.i just signed the divorced paper and decided to go back to the phils,few days right after the divorce.now,i am planning to visit japan as a tourist, using my Japanese family name since I never endorsed anything in the statistic office to nullify my marriage.meaning,im still married to him..if I will be able to go to japan using a tourist visa,am I allowed to remarry a Japanese man even my visa is just tourist?thanks
by aehr  

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 11:16
now,i am planning to visit japan as a tourist, using my Japanese family name since I never endorsed anything in the statistic office to nullify my marriage. meaning,im still married to him.

No, if you signed papers and are divorced in Japan then you are in fact divorced. You can continue to use your Japanese name but it will not affect your visa options. As a Filipino you'll need to apply for a tourist visa in advance and will probably be limited in the duration of stay.

if I will be able to go to japan using a tourist visa,am I allowed to remarry a Japanese man even my visa is just tourist?

The visa status has nothing to do with getting married. If you are officially divorced (in both countries) then you can marry immediately. If not, then you'll have to divorce and then wait six months before you can remarry in Japan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 15:02
tnx for the fast reply regarding my problem..okay.i meant was,im still married to a Japanese here in the phils.,since I have not yet apply for nullification of our marriage here in the phils..but I am definitely a divorce person sinced I already signed the divorce paper last 2001 in japan.if I will go to japan as a tourist,can I remarry right away a Japanese man there in japan?i have no copy of my divorce paper because I went home right away in the phils.after signing the paper..what are the things do i have to comply if I will be remarrying a Japanese man there in japan?granted that I will be staying for 15days in japan,is the time enough for me to get married to a Japanese man granted that the japanese is free to marry anyone.thanks. I will waiting again for your reply..thanks again
by aehr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 17:01
You will need to get a Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage from your country's embassy in Japan. If your country still thinks you are married, you will have to sort that first and may have to wait 6 months after they approve your divorce if they cannot back date it.

by Lady Kodaira rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 20:56
Absolutely no judgement on your eagerness to marry a japanese person while in Japan (it's non of my business), but you should look and act like a genuine tourist. If they know about your possible intentions, they might refuse you as a tourist, because you do not come as a tourist (but for seeking a life partner, or at least that is the vibe I get)
by Freddy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/20 22:52
thanks..
by aehr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/21 10:38
if I will go to japan as a tourist,can I remarry right away a Japanese man there in japan?

No, as pointed out, you'll have to be properly divorced in the eyes of the Filipino government and then wait 6 months before you can remarry.

granted that I will be staying for 15days in japan,is the time enough for me to get married to a Japanese man granted that the japanese is free to marry anyone.

15 days will be enough time assuming you get your divorce 6 months prior to going to Japan. Of course this also assumes you are currently in a relationship with a Japanese man. Otherwise this is a purely theoretical discussion that doesn't address other possible problems with your plan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying a Japanese man with a tourist visa 2014/11/21 22:24
If you know a place where you can meet and marry a person within 15 days, please let me know. All that dating in Osaka is eating my spending budget :(
by Jimmy Oz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread