Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/21 17:17
I intend to travel from Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen by bus on Dec 15. I understand there are only 2 buses , No 1 bus leaving at 9 am and No 7 bus leaving at 14.50. May i know if the No 7 bus is likely to be full? Can i reserve seats on this bus from abroad on english website ? or can I book the bus from any travel centers in Hakata JR Station ( Dec 12) or Nagasaki JR station ( dec 12,13)? if not in JR stations, then where can I book bus tickets?
Thank you.
by intrepidtraveller (guest)  

Re: Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/21 18:51
You can use following links.

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/english/

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/english/rsv_kyushuodan/

I think it will not be crowded in December. You will be able to book it after you entered in Japan, at JTB, KNT or JR stations (there should be travel agencies which deal with the ticket). Note that they officially state that the reservations should be one day before.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/23 14:58
Hello Mr Frog1954. So kind of you to help me again.
I sent email to the URL email address and got the reservation form back. However, I have not booked as I am asking them what if I need to amend or cancel booking as there are no terms and conditions attached at all in the form. I also did not see anywhere it says booking should be made one day earlier only. Is that in their Japanese website? If so, then I must only make booking when I am in Yufuin?

Would you happen to know if these buses and the bus from Kurokawa to Fukuoka have luggage storage separately in luggage hold outside the bus?

Thank you for your kind and always prompt assistance. Much appreciated to a foreign tourist.

by intrepidtraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/23 17:28
Hi intrepidtraveller,

However, I have not booked as I am asking them what if I need to amend or cancel booking as there are no terms and conditions attached at all in the form.

I think the "booking" should not be the rigid contract, but rather they just want to know whether there are passengers wanting to get ride on their bus. Therefore, cancellation should be free, but you might better confirm about that.

I also did not see anywhere it says booking should be made one day earlier only. Is that in their Japanese website? If so, then I must only make booking when I am in Yufuin?

Sorry, I should write you must book more than one day before. Of couse you can book at Hakata or Nagasaki.

Would you happen to know if these buses and the bus from Kurokawa to Fukuoka have luggage storage separately in luggage hold outside the bus?

I might have misunderstood your question, but as far as I know their buses are very standard "tour bus". They have trunk room for the luggage, but do not have luggage lack like in the Narita Express. I think they will most likely to be vacant and you will have no problems about your luggage.

Have a nice trip in Kyushu!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/23 23:27
Thanks. You have helped a lot by answering all my questions. I am now ready for my Kyushu adventure.
by Intrepidtraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus reservations - Yufuin to Kurokawa Onsen 2014/11/24 14:54
Thanks. You have helped a lot by answering all my questions. I am now ready for my Kyushu adventure.
by Intrepidtraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread