Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Itinerary: Avoiding Xmas Chaos 2014/11/22 02:26
My girlfriend and I are going to be staying in Tokyo next month...the nights of Dec 23 to Dec 28. We both have been to Japan a few times and speak basic Japanese. We've never been in Japan around Christmas time, though, and hear that things get very crowded. We want to stay at a couple of the better love hotels for 2-3 nights during our visit as well as a hotel/airbnb for the rest while minimizing the pain of dragging our suitcases around and excessive check-ins and outs.

Here's the current plan:
[Dec 23 (Tues) day]: arrive Tokyo
[Dec 23 (Tues) night]: Love Hotel
[Dec 24 (Wed) night]: Hotel/Airbnb (Chaotic Christmas night)
[Dec 25 (Thurs) night]: Hotel/Airbnb ... Would this be a crazy-busy day/night too?
[Dec 26 (Fri) night]: Hotel/Airbnb
[Dec 27 (Sat) night]: Hotel/Airbnb
[Dec 28 (Sun) night]: Love Hotel ... Sunday nights are usually dead but most people have the next Monday off due to New Years stuff, how busy are things this night in Tokyo?
[Dec 29 day]: fly back home.

I'm looking for advice on avoiding the crowds in general and at impossibly-booked love hotels around this holiday season. Also looking to tweak my itinerary (which hotels on which nights) as necessary. Thanks.
by Brian (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Itinerary: Avoiding Xmas Chaos 2014/11/22 09:09
Love hotel rooms are always available if you are alright with an expensive room. Love hotel seekers are cheap rooms always.

The night of 24th Dec is only the day you need to find the room quickly. An early check in (after the lunch time) is recommended.

Friday and Saturday nights at love hotel is always busy time. The room charge is high due to the demand.

And also. 31st of Dec and 1st of Jan are both very busy day in love hotels due to high demand. But you are not in Japan on the day.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread