Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Short time sleep in Kawaguchiko? 2014/11/22 19:58
My family will be going to Kawaguchiko and Hakone on Friday. We're planning to take the last bus from Shinjuku on Thurs night, arriving at 12am. Where can we stay for like only 5-6 hrs then start exploring early in the morning. I hope we dont need to check in at a hotel or inn. Can we stay at the station or a park? Butif we really need to, what inn can we stay for a very short time for a low price. I know I know, too much budgeting. Thanks for the help!
by Martin Palps (guest)  

Re: Short time sleep in Kawaguchiko? 2014/11/23 12:09
How many people are we talking here and the age range?
Then with that info someone can point you to the correct direction.

Some of the available option will be net/manga cafe, 24hrs restaurant, karaoke to name a few..
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Short time sleep in Kawaguchiko? 2014/11/23 12:58
Thanks for the help! I'll be with 2 other people. My mom in her 50's and my sister at 29.
by Martin Palps (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Short time sleep in Kawaguchiko? 2014/11/23 13:39
Since you do not specify the exact date, I just guess it will be next thursday (27th Nov). The sunrise time will be around 6:30 so you will not be able to see anything until 6:00 or so. Kawaguchiko is a rural area so there should be no 24 h restaurants, Manga cafes or internet cafes. I think you are not allowed to stay in the bus/train station throughout the night. Honestly I was surprised there is a bus that arrives so late at night in this season: if it were summer there are some people trying to climb Mt Fuji during the night, but it is almost impossible in late Nov. And it will be very cold at night. Maybe it is for the residents of Kawaguchiko.

All in all, I strongly suggest you to re-consider your itinerary: Arrive Kawaguchiko in the evening (around 18:00 or so) and stay at a hostel.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/ks-house-mt-fuji.en-us.html?aid=318615...
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread