Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido question 2014/11/22 22:02
hi, planning a Hokkaido trip next year. Is it a good idea to stay at Sapporo for the entire trip?
Itinerary so far:
Planning on going to Niseko for snowboarding.
Otaru
Furano - good idea during wintet season?
Noboribetsu Onsen

Not sure what else hehe

Any input are highly appreciated!:))
by agony2  

Re: Hokkaido question 2014/11/23 09:01
Is it a good idea to stay at Sapporo for the entire trip?

I don't think so, although it would be possible.

Unless you want to go snowboarding in Niseko just for a single day, you should stay overnight in Niseko. Travel duration between Sapporo and Niseko is considerable.

Noboribetsu - like any onsen - is best enjoyed in an overnight stay at a local onsen ryokan.

Furano has a nice ski resort and nice winter landscape among other attractions. The train ride there is pretty long. If you want to spend more than a day, you should stay overnight.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido question 2014/11/24 17:55
Otaru can be a day trip from Sapporo.
The rest is as Uji says.

You could check out Hakodate and Lake Toya. Hakodate requires an overnight stay for max enjoyment but Lake Toya could be enjoyed without.

As Uji says the train ride is pretty long to go to Furano. It might be better to explore more of Niseko's surrounding areas.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido question 2014/11/24 18:35
Thanks guys.

Furano seems fun though T_T hot air balloon, dog sledding. Don't think these 2 are available in Niseko.

Is it easy to travel from Sapporo to Furano? I mean are the trains similar to Osaka/Kyoto? I had a previous trip in these two location and had to switch accomodation from Osaka to Kyoto. Everything was super convenient.

Also for Biei/Furano do we need to rent a car? I wanna visit the Blue Pond and other areas or is it not worth the hassle and just stay at Furano for winter activities instead?
by agony2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread