Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/23 19:41
Hi,

During my last trip to Japan i did sent a package by Japan Post to myself (abroad, by sea). The package has a track&Trace number and the latest status is that it is dispached from Japan on 2 october.

As this package is long overdue (now about 8 weeks as it normally takes about 4 weeks) i want to start a tracing action. This action needs to start at the sending post office ( http://map.japanpost.jp/pc/syousai.php?id=300101152000 ) by filling out a form that can be down-loaded from the internet.

The problem is that I can not go to this post office and the only way to get the form to this office is by fax, that I donft have.

Does anybody know how I can get an email address of this particular office or any other suggestions to start the tracing action by sending an email?

BTW I contacted the main package handler here in my country and they can not help me because it is not sure that they will handle the package when it arrives in my country. Is there a way to find out the partner handler of Japan Post?

I hope somebody can help.

B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest)  

Re: Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/23 23:44
The problem is that I can not go to this post office and the only way to get the form to this office is by fax, that I donft have.

http://www.myfax.com/free/
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/24 01:36
Hi Firas,
Thanks for the quick response.
I have seen these services (ie eFax) but i do not want to use it because the free trial ends after a month or so and then you have to pay a monthly fee that is quite high (for sending just one or two faxes per year!). And the possibility exists that the tracing takes longer than 1 month and i'll miss than the responses.
So i like the email approach better. But if this does not work then i'll use one of the free fax options.
BTW It keeps surpricing me that Japan is still using faxes that much!
Regards
B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/24 09:28
Japan Post Office doesn't have an individual e-mail address due to security reason.
Ask your friends who live in Japan to call on 0570-046-111(Domestic call only in English guidance available).

I don't think Ikebukuro Post Office staff understand English fax inquiry.

The tracking information for sea and surface parcels may delay between two weeks and three month until the info updates. This is because the parcels are not sent by EMS.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/24 13:46
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/question/18.html
download the excel file ’²ΈΏ‹‘.
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/question/18.xls
print out on JIS A4 size paper or a similar. two faces. I think, print it on the both surfaces of one sheet(front and back).

it is not necessary to fill all.
please read the above website carefully.
‹L“ό—α is an example to filling the document.
you are requested to fill only the areas which are covered by the DOTTED RED LINE.
write in ENGLISH or your language. (do not write in Japanese)
send this to the post office by air mail.
you may enclose a copy of the shipping document you have and a copy of your ID.

send to: ’r‘ά—X•Φ‹Η
address: § 171-0014
“Œ‹ž“s–L“‡‹ζ’r‘ά‚Q|‚S‚O|‚P‚R

IKEBUKURO POST OFFICE
2-40-13 IKEBUKURO TOSHIMA-KU TOKYO 171-0014 JAPAN

by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Email address of Japan postoffice 2014/11/24 16:30
I have seen these services (ie eFax) but i do not want to use it because the free trial ends after a month or so and then you have to pay a monthly fee that is quite high (for sending just one or two faxes per year!). And the possibility exists that the tracing takes longer than 1 month and i'll miss than the responses.

With MyFax (the link I posted), you only register if you want to be able to send a lot of faxes, or to receive them. You can send two faxes per day completely for free (but indeed you can't receive, so you'll have to arrange for the recipient to reply by some other mean, but it can help to make the first contact, I've used it many tumes).
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread