Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka or Kyoto for first visit/school? 2014/11/24 01:38
Hey guys I plan on taking a short-term visit to Japan for a language school 1-3 months. Im interested in either Osaka or Kyoto. Any recommendations which city and possibly a school? I'm looking to both learn and have a good time. I'll worry about accommodations and a place to stay after deciding a city.

on the flip side of things I did a little research on Yamasa institute which seems to supply students with a place to live taking the stress out of that however, It's in Okazaki which I haven't heard much about.

thank you =]
by Hardstyles (guest)  

Re: Osaka or Kyoto for first visit/school? 2014/11/24 13:39
I don't have any recommendations about schools, but the two cities are very close together and just a short train ride away from each other, so I wouldn't necessarily choose the school based on the city, but rather the city based on the school (if that makes sense).
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka or Kyoto for first visit/school? 2014/11/24 15:58
Personally I loved living in Kyoto for 6 months. It is less hectic, and it is easy to adapt. I spent most of my free time riding a bicycle around the city or relaxing at Kamogawa river. I often went to Osaka on the weekends for the more energetic side of Japan.
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka or Kyoto for first visit/school? 2014/11/24 16:49
I agree with the posters above. When visiting the Kansai I usually stay in Kobe, and visit Osaka and Kyoto on alternate days..or whatever combination suits me.

At home it takes me 45 minutes to 1hr by rapid transit to go from my home to downtown..same on the way back--obviously, so I don't find a trip to Osaka or Kyoto from Kobe a hardship at all.

There are quite a few foreign families living in Kobe (judging by the bus full of non-Japanese children in private schools uniforms).
I heard about a Japanese language school there but don't have any info..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka or Kyoto for first visit/school? 2014/11/24 20:04
Kobe, I did not think of that!

That is indeed a nice alternative to Osaka, although I liked Osaka a bit more. On the train ride from Osaka to Kobe you will hardly notice going from one city to the other. The short distance and buidlings along the road make it seem it is just the other side of the city (well at least to me). I prefer the entertainment in Osaka over Kobe, but Kobe should definitely be considered yes.
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread