Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/24 18:01
Hi All, need some advice on whether it is worthwhile buying the JR pass with the following iti. We will touch down Narita on Jan 18, 7.40am and depart Jan 24, 8.40pm

Jan 18: Arrival to Narita, train to Hakone ryokan. To shop at Gotemba Premium Outlet till evening and back to ryokan for dinner

Jan 19: Onsen and visit Lake ashi if time permits. Target to leave by 11am for journey to Kyoto. Should reach by 2pm?

Jan 20: Kyoto sightseeing.

Jan 21: Leave Kyoto by 11am and reach Tokyo by 2pm?

Jan 24: home sweet home.

Haven't really work out the iti details, but we will definitely be visiting lotsa shrines/temples at Kyoto, shinjuku/shibuya/tsukiji/asakusa in Toyko

Appreciate any advice!
by weisemo (guest)  

Re: Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/24 18:14
yes, it would be worthwhile to buy the 7 day JR pass but i think it's a pity to only have a day and a half or so at Kyoto if you haven't been there before. :(
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/24 18:50
I agree that it would be a pity if you only spent just a bit over one and a half day in Kyoto. Also, If you go to Gotemba Premium Outlet, then leave Hakone by 11am, you are not seeing much of Hakone either...

Maybe you could keep it simple? There is a suggested itinerary section on this website :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/24 18:50
i know! read so much good things but time is really short. Was thinking about skipping and just travel to nearer places like Yokohama but i guess Kyoto will be worth the effort. =)
by weisemo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/24 21:48
Yes, Kyoto I believe is worth the effort :)
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_6.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary check: Narita-Hakone-Kyoto-Tokyo 2014/11/26 23:55
Saw the suggested itinerary which kept it simple between Kyoto and Tokyo. But my friend and I really wanna have the ryokan onsen experience (too much Japan hour). Am tinking if we should extend another night at Kyoto and just keep it to 2 nights in Tokyo? Better?
by weisemo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread