Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2014/11/25 15:06
Hi

As I have plan to visit Kyushu + Chugoku in APR 2015, bit the JR SANYO SHIKOKU KYUSHU Pass will be discontinued in Mar 2015. I'm trying to change my travel plan to match with available pass.

I will leave Yufuin and go to Hiroshima on Apr 8 evening. And I will be in Hiroshima for 4 days for travelling to Miyajima , Kobe, Himeji, Okayama.

The first option is to get JR Pass 7 days which I can board on reserve seat, but it cannot be used on Nozomi which run very frequent.

The second option is to get JR SANYO SANIN new pass. I understand this pass can be used on Nozomi, but cannot reserve a seat.

Since my group will have elderly and baby, it's quite important to have 1-2 seat on each route. After I check train schedule, I prefer Nozomi train as it will add some more flexibility to my trip but still worry if I will not get a seat on some route such as Hiroshima-Shin Kobe or Hiroshima-Hakata.

Anyone can guide me which pass would be better for my trip?

Thank you so much
by thanapohnp  

Re: Question about JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2014/11/26 12:07
The second option is to get JR SANYO SANIN new pass. I understand this pass can be used on Nozomi, but cannot reserve a seat.

This was mistakenly written on the japan-guide.com page. It was a mistake, and has been corrected. The Sanyo Sanin Pass DOES allow you to make seat reservations without additional cost (the two other new passes do not).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Question about JR Sanyo Sanin Area Pass 2014/11/26 12:45
Hi Uji

Thank you so much
this is very good news for me
by thanapohnp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread