Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/26 14:06
Hi, this will be my second trip to Japan but the first to kyoyo and Osaka. I have bought air ticket that arrive and depart via kansai airport. This will be a 9 days 8 nights trip. My rough itinerary will be as follow and need suggestion on this iti. Our priority or interest is some unique cafes or some unbeaten path and if you have any suggestion, we would appreciate it very much. On list so far on a must go for any tourist is disneyland, USJ, Nara, Golden Pavillion and to choose one or two unique cafes in either kyoto tokyo or osaka.

-20th March arriving at 8.30am. Will travel straight to Kyoto. Have not booked any accommodation yet. Would love any suggestions on Machiya. There are 4 of us in total.
20th - 22nd March to be based in Kyoto (3 nights).
23rd - visit USJ overnight in osaka
24th - sight seeing or day trip to Himeji castle. At night, will board overnight bus to tokyo (Willer Express) Is it recommended to choose this mean of transport to save out time and money?
25th - Disneyland overnight in any recommended hostel/ dorm in Tokyo
26th - One day sight seeing or cafes or hanami (unlikely for sakura to bloom this early though ) open to any suggestion as we will be travelling back to Osaka via overnight Willer express.
27th - Osaka or day trip to Nara. Overnight in Osaka.
28th - last day in Japan .. Flight departure at 11.30pm though..

Is this itinerary acceptable? Any pass which is suitable for such itinerary or just buy a 7 day Jr pass?

Thanks in advance..
by KellyO  

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/26 16:34
24th - sight seeing or day trip to Himeji castle. At night, will board overnight bus to tokyo (Willer Express) Is it recommended to choose this mean of transport to save out time and money?
A 7 day JR Pass pays off with a Kyoto-Tokyo-Osaka trip.
You could then use it in Osaka and Tokyo.
Activate the JR Pass on March 22nd, use it to get to Osaka, and then for the rest of the trip, which will include the trip out to Kansai airport for your flight home.
Not able to help re accommodation, sorry.
Enjoy!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/27 02:49
Tq Austx for your advice.
by KellyO rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/27 04:02
Why overnight in Osaka the day you visit USJ? Kyoto is close to Osaka;

You could use your JR pass. There are frequent trains between the 2 towns, the trip take 30 minutes.

Use www.hyperdia.com/en be sure to remove, in search details, tick marks from planes, Nozomi etc. For JR trains only remove tick on private railways..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/27 10:42
I disagree, if visiting Himeji then staying in Osaka is better. Cheaper hotels and it is nearer to Himeji. Unless you are picking a hostel near Kyoto station. (No known hostels near Shin-Osaka)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/27 14:20
If one want to visit USJ one day then Himeji the next day then one might as well stay in Kobe!
Cheaper hotels than Osaka (near Sannomiya JR station), closer to Himeji, and only 30 minutes by train from Osaka.
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/27 16:04
I can agree with that. Although, some might find changing hotels a chore. But yes, might as well
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D 8N Kyoto, tokyo and Osaka. 7days JR? 2014/11/28 00:07
Thanks all for the advice. I guess I have to start looking for hostels or airbnb soon..
by KellyO rate this post as useful

reply to this thread