Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/11/28 02:45
Could a Mercury Grand Marquis be shipped to Japan? I've heard the Japanese government doesn't allow American-made cars to be sent to Japan, but this particular car was made in Canada.
I wouldn't be doing this for a while, I was just wondering.
by Question Asker (guest)  

Re: Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/11/28 10:40
I don't know why you'd want such a behemoth in Japan. Parking would be nearly impossible to find in large urban areas.

by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/11/28 13:22
Lol! It's probably more expensive to ship the car than what it's worth!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/11/28 13:36
Certainly you can hire a transport company to ship it to a port in Japan (several thousand dollars probably), then you need to hire some other local transport company to move it to a designated location (you cannot drive it right off, so it needs to go on a carrier truck/vehicle, which costs more), and then you need to get the vehicle modified to meet the vehicle safety standards of Japan. It's not really a question of whether it's American or not.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/11/29 00:53
Could a Hyundai Elantra be sent either? It's a compact car so I'd imagine it would be easier.
by Question asker (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Could this car be shipped to Japan 2014/12/8 13:43
It's the same answer as to the car in your original question. These things can be done, but it's likely that it is cost prohibitive, especially with typical non-luxury cars.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread