Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which IC card to use 2014/11/28 13:02
I will be taking the subway in Fukuoka, the trams/streetcars in Nagasaki, Hiroshima and Kumamoto. Which IC card should I get so that I can use one card for all these modes of transportation? Thanks!
by Charles (guest)  

Re: Which IC card to use 2014/11/28 13:22
Based on my own experience, plus the details in the following page . . .

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

. . . and from elsewhere on the net, the ICOCA card will get you the best coverage as it will enable you to ride the Fukuoka subway as well as the tram lines of Hiroshima and Kumamoto.

Note that despite the recent nationwide IC card integration, it appears that Hiroshima's trams will only take ICOCA and not the others.

I'm not sure about Nagasaki as I used a day pass whilst I was there; hopefully another member of the forum will be able to advise.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Which IC card to use 2014/11/28 13:42
When you first arrive, you don't really have a choice: you have to buy whichever one is sold in the area. For example if you arrive in Tokyo you can't buy a Icoca, and you will have to buy a Suica or Pasmo. Then you will probably want to buy an Icoca when you arrive in Hiroshima since it is the only major card accepted in non-JR transportation in the area (it is not really the only accepted card however, the local card is called Paspy).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Which IC card to use 2014/11/28 13:50
I will be arriving in Fukuoka first, so I suppose I'll get the HAYAKAKEN card. Can this card be used in the trams/streetcars of Hiroshima, Kumamoto and Nagasaki?
by Charles (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which IC card to use 2014/11/28 14:49
I believe you already have all the information to answer your questions about the Hayakaken.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread