Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Haruka and Icoca 2014/11/28 17:08
hi all,

I am a little confused.

I would like to purchase round trip Haruka + Icoca pass and use it from KIX airport to Kyoto.

For return trip, Can i use it from Kyoto to Tennoji (which then I will transfer to JR Namba) and alight at JR namba? Or the pass only allows me to alight at KIX aiport?

Would it be better if i get Haruka + Icoca one way (airport to kyoto)

and when i return, i can buy Kansai area one day pass to take haruka express and transfer at Tennoji to JR Namba station? Or should i just a regular tix instead of the pass. Is the pass cheaper?

thanks!

by lulu (guest)  

Re: Haruka and Icoca 2014/11/28 18:18
by MS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka and Icoca 2014/11/29 03:27
In case of Round-trip ticket(\4060).
You stop over ten-noji(I think it's no problem) and use ICOCA(IC card) for JR-train to Namuba(\160)
The card balance is \1840. you can use this card for fare for taking train or shopping on 7-eleven or drink vending machine etc.

In case of One-way ticket(\3030).
Normal price of Kyoto to Namba is \2050(taking Haruka).
you should pay \50(as the card balance is \2000)
The fee of local train(Kyoto to Namba) is \800.
you can save money,however you may feel difficulty in changing trains in this case.

Have a good trip!!
by Naoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Haruka and Icoca 2014/11/29 06:01
Or the pass only allows me to alight at KIX airport?

Yes, you are allowed to get off (through the gate) only at Kansai airport station. Haruka ticket is not a "Pass": A pass in general allow you unlimited ride of trains within the area the pass covers while Haruka ticket can be used only once and you must exit at KIX (for your return travel).

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruk...

"This is not a ticket for unlimited travel. The ticket is collected when leaving through the ticket gate."

"(With round-trip tickets, the return ticket can be used from any station within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above to the Kansai Airport, provided that the passenger does not exit from any station in between.)"

I do not know what will happen if you try to exit at JR-Namba, but in the worst case you must pay Kyoto-JR-Namba fare (including the Haruka limited express fare) and your Haruka ticket becomes invalid.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread