Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/28 18:18
Can someone tell me how to fill out this mail slip? It's for one of those bubble wrap envelopes. I chose one of those because what I wanted to send fit inside of it, but I don't know how to fill it out.

Going from a Japanese address to a UK address, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd476/agehibari/DSC04819_zps5bd22a...
by sabledragonrook  

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/28 22:22
The top is the receiver's address, the bottom is the sender. The double T-looking thing is the postal code. After that is a set of 4 kanji you would choose when you write the prefecture's name, but since you're sending overseas, skip that entirely and write the address in English as norma as possible in the space providedl with United Kingdom written in big letters below.

In the sender's space you can either write just your name, or your name and full address.

When you go to post the package and pay for the shipping, just point out clearly it's going to the UK. After that it should be fine.

Hope that helps!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/28 22:24
Oh sorry, forgot to mention, at the bottom of the top area is the sender's name (where the kanji 様 is).

That's important!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/29 08:42
Thank you! Would they need me to write the recipient's name in both English and Japanese? I can write in Japanese, so just wanted to make it as easy for them as I can.
by sabledragonrook rate this post as useful

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/29 09:04
Would they need me to write the recipient's name in both English and Japanese? I can write in Japanese, so just wanted to make it as easy for them as I can.

No,all they care about is that it's destination is outside Japan. The address itself should be formatted according to UK standards.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/29 12:08
If it is headed to someone in the UK, I would not even use this form - this is in domestic (Japanese) format, including the postal code area, and the fact that the recipient's name comes on the last line of the recipient (top) area.

You should write the whole thing in English, if it is headed to the UK, otherwise the Royal Mail postman would not be able to deliver it...

I guess this is the little address sticker that comes with the bubble padded envelope. When I use this to send something outside Japan, I just don't use this sticker but write on the envelope directly.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Sending This Package From Japan 2014/11/29 14:08
AK -- is the format the same as standard letters, where my return address is vertical on the left side of the back and the mailing address is vertical on the front?
by sabledragonrook rate this post as useful

reply to this thread