Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji tours with equpiment? 2014/11/29 20:59
Hi
I have seen various climbing tours to Mt Fuji (Sunrise Tours?) on the net. I know it is recommended to bring certain clothing during the climb, however, travelling to Japan in peak summer (late July) it would be awkward bringing winter clothing.

Are there any tours which might include assistance with clothing? Mostly shoes and jacket in that case and perhaps backpack.

Prefered English if possible, as my Japanese is limited to basic.
by Senmom (guest)  

Re: Fuji tours with equpiment? 2014/11/30 12:11
winter clothing is rarely need during the summer, but the weather can change suddenly but not to extreme low temperatures. bring a few layers and waterproofs just in case. both times i've climbed fuji in shorts and a shirt and only added layers when waiting for sunrise.
by pas7680 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji tours with equpiment? 2014/11/30 20:31
Well reading different guides and blogs saying you need serious climbing clothing I got a bit confused. Also hearing of people dying from hypothermia, pnumonia, etc because of sudden weather change unprepared makes me want to prepare.

I dont got any good rain gear though, and my shoes are more for city walking not terrain. A backpack I got so no problem I think.

Someone said thermo layer beneath while at the top after sleep in hut. Rain/wind gear for bad weather. Maybe a layer under the wind gear for warm.

I dont want it to be overly expensive, since I wont be hiking at these heights after this.
by Senmom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread