Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/1 15:21
Read much about accommodation being booked out months in advance due to the autumn foliage.

When in the latest I need to book the hotels? I'm intending to travel in the first two weeks of Nov to places like Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo but the tricky part is that I'm intending to purchase sale air tickets which may only be released late Aug, which is probably too late to get an ideal hotel.
by CLLR  

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/1 20:12
Just book as early as possible.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/1 20:32
For my trip to Kyoto in November 2013 I booked my hotel at the start of 2013 in January. Ended up getting a good price at the Karasuma Kyoto Hotel.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/1 21:39
If and when you reserve hotels very much in advance and you find some hotels don't have reservations, it's because their rates haven't been set and they're not accepting reservations for those days YET. It's not that they're already booked up. Toyoko Inns and such can be reserved up to 6 months out, but some others may have to be done in the period less than 6 months out.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/1 22:52
booked my kyoto hotels last year for november in sept.
no worries about the hotels.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/2 06:36
When I went to Kyoto in Nov 2013, I booked my hotels in August and got really good rates with Mystays in shijo.
by bear bear bear rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/2 06:51
Depends on when in November. Early November is not difficult, but late November, especially if it includes a weekend or the Labor Thanksgiving Holiday (23rd), can be quite difficult. This year I made my initial reservations in May, but found a better hotel in June. Kept checking back after that but couldn't do better.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/2 10:03
Oh. Forgot to mention that there I had to book multiple accomodations. 7 days in late november.

Kyoto is small but has a good transport system. As long as your luggage is not too heavy or has rollers, moving across hotels would not be a hassle.

E.g. Piece hostel for exploring nara/uji
A business hotel at Shijo to explore shopping districts and good location as near two train lines and many buses.
Guesthouse south of Hieian Shrine to explore Gion to Silver Pavilion.
Hotels around Arashiyama tend to be more pricey, there might be guesthouses along the randen. Especially the randen coming in from Kinkakuji.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2014/12/3 11:49
I am also traveling Nov 2015. However we will be going about the 20 to the 3rd of December.

Anyone know when they open the reservation up in general? Most hotels you cannot even look at rates for that time!

I could use some suggestions for Tokyo and Hiroshima, where a family of 4 can stay.

Close to Chiyoda in Tokyo and the Peace memorial in Hiroshima!
by Will Lazarus rate this post as useful

Re: Nov 2015 Trip - when to book hotels by 2015/1/11 01:25
Thanks for the replies guys! I did not come to this forum since then... oops!

Booked my SQ flights into HND and out of KIX for 14-28 Nov.

I will surely run into the autumn foliage crowd. Guess i have to give be out of Kyoto for 21-23 Nov and be in Osaka or Hiroshima instead. Hopefully that will help.

Will post another thread to ask for opinions!
by CLLR rate this post as useful

reply to this thread