Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko 1 day plan suggestions 2014/12/2 19:45
Hi!
We plan to go to Nikko fromk Tokyo on 28 DEC 2014, taking the train from Shinjuku (where we stay) and arriving in Nikko at 09:30 am.

We plan to visit temple area (Rinno-Ji Temple, Thoshu-gu Shrine, Futarasan Shrine, Shinkyo Bridge) and then go to Kegon Waterfalls and Chuzenji Lake by bus (we didn't plan any cruise or boat trip).

To go back to Tokyo we plan to take the Tobu line to arrive in Asakusa and visit it in the evening (Senso-Ji from outside and a small walk around).

I know there are around 50 minutes of bus between Lake Chuzenji and Nikko Station.

1) At what time do you suggest to leave Nikko?
We could take the train at 18:28 (leaving the lake not after 17:30), the next one at 19:35 (leaving the lake not after 18:30) or you suggest to leave Nikko earlier?

2) Depending on this, can someone retrieve the bus timetable of Chuzenji bus stop (to Nikko station)? I know there are only in japanese but i wasn't able to do the search in the site :P

Thanks a lot
by dariendarksun  

Re: Nikko 1 day plan suggestions 2014/12/3 11:41
Hi

In winter season, It's getting dark around 5pm.
so I think you'd better going back around 5pm
or you can enter hot-spring on this areai1000j.

http://www.tobuhotel.co.jp/nikkolake/en/onsen

The bus schedule is following
Chuzenji-Onsen-Freepass(2000) save a little money.
you can buy the tickets on Nikko Station.

Tyuzenji-Onsen Tobu Nikko Station
16:25 leave 17:02 arrive
16:40 17:17
16:50 17:27
17:40 18:17
18:52 19:29

Have a great trip!!
by naoki5252 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread