Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Access to Hakone 2014/12/4 23:23
I would like to ask about one day trip from Tokyo to Hakone,I will go to Hakone myself by using jr national pass, with regarding to the Hakone Round Course,can I purchase the free pass at odawara station? then they will be someone to direct me to go around Hakone? The staff there able to speak in english?
by Cashton Loong (guest)  

Re: Access to Hakone 2014/12/5 11:33
After buying the ticket at Odawara there is a shuttle train to Hakone-Yumoto. There, just cross the platform and get on the Hakone-Tozan train. At the end, GORA, just follow the crowd a few steps to the cable car. At the end, change to the ropeway and at the end of that, at Lake Ashi, take the boat across the lake. There, take the bus back to Hakone-Yumoto or Odawara. The station signs all along the way have English so you will have no trouble.
Here's most of the trip in photos. Click "Slideshow", upper right.
http://dickh.zenfolio.com/p340096673
If you want a real adventure, take the bus to YUGAWARA, an old hot spring resort. The ride down the mountain to the ocean is very scenic. Get the front seat if possible. From YUGAWARA you can take the JR train back to Odawara or all the way back to Tokyo.
I've done it a dozen times. If you want more details, click my name and send a private message.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Access to Hakone 2015/1/6 10:38
Thank you very much for this thread and info. Covered a half day trip because of this very useful easy to follow info. :) , grabbed some of your photos too D. Harris . Again thanks a lot .
by Chery (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread