Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cycling to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street 2014/12/6 17:20
How long does it take to cycle from Sagaarashiyama Station to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street? It seems pretty far to walk there and back judging from the map.
I would like to also know if it is an easy path for 3 girls to cycle.

My itinerary
Osaka to Hankyu Arashiyama station walk to:
- Monkey Park Iwatayama
- Togetsukyo Bridge
- Bamboo Groves
- Okochi Sanso Villa
JR Arashiyama Station to rent bike and cycle to
- Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street and back to
- Sagano Scenic Railway (2 way)
JR Arashiyama Station to Osaka

Please also advise if my itinerary is feasible? Thanks a lot!
by puny  

Re: Cycling to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street 2014/12/7 05:03
It looks do-able. From Togetsukyo Bridge to Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple is only about a mile and a half. Renting bikes would be a bit of a faff. According to google you could get a bus (either the 11 or 93)between the two leaving every 9 minutes. Of course I might be reading that wrong :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Cycling to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street 2014/12/7 20:08
Hi Stan thanks for answering.
According to the guide it says (From Tenryuji walk to Arashiyama Station and rent a bicycle. Then, head into the bamboo groves behind Tenryuji Temple.) so i thought it might be far.
Maybe if we decide to rent a bike we'll do so at Arashiyama (Keifuku Arashiyama line) to cycle to Bamboo Groves, Okochi Sanso Villa, Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street and back so we can utilize it a bit more.
If not we'll look into taking a bus.
by puny rate this post as useful

Re: Cycling to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street 2014/12/8 03:43
I am only getting directions from Google maps although I have cycled in Kyoto before and have been to that area several times. It seems there is a hire booth front of Hankyu Arashiyama station so you could have the bikes all day. They normally come supplied with a combination lock and there are parking spaces at temples & other sites. Cycling in Kyoto & around towns in Japan in general is very pleasant.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Cycling to Saga-Toriimoto Preserved Street 2014/12/13 16:41
Okie got it. Thanks for the info! :)
by puny rate this post as useful

reply to this thread