Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/10 22:45
I am transiting from Naha to Ishigaki, arriving at 7pm, the connecting flight is next morning 9am. Is it possible to wait at the airport?
by Ber (guest)  

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/11 12:33
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/11 21:19
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/12 06:05
Not sure why you would want to stay in an airport for 14 hours. The monorail takes you into Naha city in 10 minutes.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/13 03:32
Hello Ber,

Why not spend some time in Naha?

There is a very nice low cost business hotel just one minute from a monorail station, which is only 15 minutes direct from the airport building. The rooms are from around \5,200 upwards, and you get a basic breakfast included. The single rooms have a large double bed and all the facilities youfll need; Ifve stayed there several times and itfs a great area and good low cost hotel. Itfs Toyoko Inn, Okinawa Naha Kokusai-dori Miebashi-eki. Herefs their website:

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00055/index.html

Itfs also a short walk to the main tourist shopping area, Kokusai Dori street. There is a fantastic fish market close to there, where you can see some amazing species and also eat upstairs where there are some restaurants. Get yourself a nice big plate of low cost sashimi with a set meal, itfs yummy and with lots of exotic fish species and relax on the main street after while you have opportunity.

Herefs a little map of how to get to the fish market from the hotel. You can zoom in for more detail:

http://goo.gl/maps/NyN6i

The fish market entrance is a little bit hidden with loads of other market stalls all through the covered area, but if you go through the door pictured, you find the fish market. The restaurants are one floor above that area; the stairs to them are inside the fish market area.

The main shopping street which you cross just before you get there is also full of shops and food places open till late and all a lot more interesting than the airport.
by Isogu rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/14 18:06
thanks to all who had posted the reply. espeically to Isogu for such an informative reply.

actually, i arrive Naha on 14/02/15 and leaving on 20/02/15. my initial plan is to go Ishigaki first on 15/02/15 and return on 18/02/15. in this case, i will have one full day in Okinawa main island on the 19/02.

My alternate plan is to stay in Okinawa main island on 14/02 and 15/02, then fly to Ishigaki on 16/02 and take the 09:00am flight from Ishigaki and connect my flight to Taipei on 20/02.

My flight to Taipei on 20/02 is at 11:45am, i am afraid ifi take the 09:00am flight from Ishigaki, can i catch up the connecting flight at 11:45am?

any advise?

by Ber (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/15 23:22
Hi

appreciate it very much if anyone can advise on the connecting flight from Ishigaki 9am and connect with 11:45am in Naha?

thank you very much.

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/15 23:42
Ishigaki to Naha is about an hour, so you should expect to be ready to check-in for your flight to Taiwan at about 10:30. Check with your airline that this would be okay, but if the flight is delayed, you could miss it.

If you want extra leeway, ANA has a flight leaving Ishigaki at 8:10. It costs just 4350 yen currently, so it is just a bit more expensive than Skymark (4000) and cheaper than JAL (4400).

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/16 00:00
thanks a lot Firas.

i will check the air flight now and book the 8:10 flight.

Really appreciate it.

one more question, am i able to base in Ishigaki and do island hopping to the rest of the islads?

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/16 00:21
Depends which islands you are talking about. Iriomote is perhaps a bit far away, but no problem for the smaller ones like Taketomi or Kohama.

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/16 23:08
thanks Firas

Which island is a must to visit?

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/16 23:16
Depends on what you want to see/do. I don't believe there is such a thing as a "must" in the absolute sense. (I've never been to Tokyo or Kyoto, for example, and I don't plan to.)

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/17 09:16
i fully agreed with you, Firas.

every place is worth visiting, is your expectation and experience that is counted.

thanks a lot for such an enlightenment :)

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/20 22:42
Hi Firas

for car rental, can i just rent it over the counter when i arrive at either Naha or Ishigaki airport? or i have to book in advance before my departure?

thanks in advance if you can advse.

Ber

Re: Possible to stay overnight at Naha airport 2014/12/21 08:25
for car rental, can i just rent it over the counter when i arrive at either Naha or Ishigaki airport?

Generally yes, but it would be subject to availability. Also, if I recall correctly the galleria outlet didn't serve walk-ins, so make sure to check into that. But if possible I'd recommend making a reservation in advance.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread