Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Abilify in Japan 2014/12/16 12:25
Hello, I take a medication called Abilify (Aripiprazole)and another called Buspar (Buspirone). I want to travel to Japan one day and wish to know if it is better to fill out a Yakkan Shoumei for both of my medications to be on the safe side, then obtaining Abilify in Japan and filling out the YS for the Buspar, since I'm only going there for travel purposes.

I'm 26 and i take Abilify for Obsessive Compulsion Disorder, (visual) Hallucinations and Racing Thoughts while the Buspar is my sleep aid for when I get too anxious to go to sleep at night.

I'm asking out of curiosity and I don't want to get in trouble with the law in Japan.

Thank you.
by Alia (guest)  

Re: Abilify in Japan 2014/12/16 23:10
I would bring it from home and check with the Japanese embassy in your country of residence whether you need to bring any paper work, I found dealing with Japanese pharmacies trying and you certainly do not want to waste your vacation time to first get a local prescription with all language difficulties, etc.

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/health-medical/pharmaceuticals/01...
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Re: Abilify in Japan 2014/12/20 04:04
Thank you so much.

I'll keep this in mind for when I plan to take a trip there.
by Alia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Abilify in Japan 2014/12/20 13:33
I think you can't buy any medicines with a foreign prescription in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Abilify in Japan 2014/12/20 14:02
I take 5 or 6 meds. When I go for 2 or 3 weeks I take enough for the entire time. I am from the U.S. They have never checked my luggage and the last thing you should do is tell them you have the meds.
BUT, if you are young and look like a hippie, expect to be checked.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread