Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/16 23:18
check with you guys for convenient sake taking train and shinkansen, the hotel should be booked in shin-Osaka area or namba area?
by nicole liau  

Re: Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/17 10:08
Depends on where you will be travelling to most. If predominantly by shinkansen then Shin-Osaka may be more convenient. Otherwise, I'd probably opt to stay around Namba for the better nightlife. Either way you can easily and quickly travel between the two areas via subway.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/17 10:30
If traveling within Osaka, both are alright. Namba has more night life but most hotels are sound proof to the extend to protect against such sounds.

Osaka station has much shopping to do. Not that namba does not have any, but it requires a slight bit more walking.

If you are the type who doesn't mind staying in a business/capsule/hostel type accomodation, Namba and the surroundings would have better options.

If you need a classy hotel or an global chain, around Osaka station is where you would like to be.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/17 10:36
Keep in mind the OP was asking the difference between Namba and SHIN-Osaka. Shin-Osaka has a lot less options compared to Namba or Osaka stations, and it's real perk is that that is where the shinkansen stop.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/17 12:28
Namba (Nankai) and Namba (Subway) are located at the same place?

Thinking to go to Koyasan from Shin-Osaka but then need to transfer a train from Namba station.

But i think it could be good i stick to Shin-Osaka since i also plan to go to nara and kyoto too for 1 day tip also.

Actually i also thinking to go to tateyama for 1 day trip. But i think just traveling to there it will take ard 4 hours to reach there. So i might give up this place.
by nicole liau rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Osaka or Namba hotel 2014/12/17 12:43
Stay at Tennoji.

Direct train to Airport.
Direct train to Namba.
Direct train to Shin-Osaka.
Direct train to Imamiya to go to Koya.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread