Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/17 08:40
Hello everyone,

I have recently received a 1 year internship proposal in a Kyoto University laboratory.

But I was wondering : do the university provide a room or a financial help for the interns?
And if not, how can I find an accommodation close to the university and not too expensive?

And I found this guesthouse on the internet : http://www.happy-habitat.net/guesthouse/takano2-en.html

Have you ever heard of it? Is it a good place?

Thank you very much!

by niamana  

Re: Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/17 11:13
why don't you ask the lab about accommodation ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/17 16:18
I asked but they said they don't know, and they don't know who to ask...
It's been one month ans they still don't have any answer about that...
by niamana rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/17 18:51
Do you have a Ph.D or an equivalent degree?
An Internship to Kyoto University sounds a bit strange. You can have an internship opportunity from Kyoto Uni to the others. Some labs in Kyoto Uni may accept a post-doctor scholar but this is not an internship.
Ask the lab first about your status at Kyoto Uni.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/17 21:15
There is no problem about that, I am in an equivalent of the first year of a master's degree, but I am in a special school for researchers (the french educational system is totally different from the other countries), and there is no problem about it, some students already did an internship in Todai.

The laboratory told me that they have already accepted french students with the same level as mine.
by niamana rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation close to Kyoto University 2014/12/18 07:15
I think you can stay in one of International Student Houses in Kyoto Uni. Ask the administrator about your status in Kyoto.
http://www.opir.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/kuiso/admission/
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread