Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going directly from JR Namba to Nara 2014/12/17 21:19
Hi there,

I'll be visiting Japan with my family for the first time in early April of next year and was wondering if it's possible to get to Nara directly from JR Namba via the Yamatoji Line Rapid Service. The place we're staying at is a short walk from the station and we would like to make use of our JR passes too.

I've read online that most people have said to catch the Yamatoji Rapid Service from Tennoji station but after checking HyperDia, I've found several trains that seem to be direct from JR Namba around 8-9am in the morning. It's not too big of a deal if we have to transfer but is it necessary? Is it possible to reach Nara directly from JR Namba?

Thanks!
by tezanna  

Re: Going directly from JR Namba to Nara 2014/12/18 12:21
Yes, agreed. Checking Hypeprdia there are a few Yamatoji trains that go direct to Nara.
So, check Hyperdia and the correct time, and enjpy!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Going directly from JR Namba to Nara 2014/12/18 12:50
Why using JR Pass?(Which Pass?)
Where to go another(before/after) days?
by TEQ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going directly from JR Namba to Nara 2014/12/18 12:59
Awesome! Thanks for the response, AusTF

In response to your questions, TEQ, we're using the general 7-day Japan Rail Pass as we will be travelling from Tokyo to Osaka and also doing trips to Kyoto and Hiroshima in addition to Nara
by tezanna rate this post as useful

reply to this thread