Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mailing Gotochi cards overseas 2014/12/18 21:16
I will be in Hokkaido, Osaka, Tokyo etc soon.
Love to mail gotochi cards back home and to friends - Europe.
Anyone ever mailed gotochi cards overseas? Is it a must to mail them in an envelope? I see no point mailing gotochi postcards in envelopes though. Thank you!
by NobitElf  

Re: Mailing Gotochi cards overseas 2014/12/19 11:38
Hi! Because gotochi cards are shaped, they are not allowed to be mailed overseas by themselves, so they must be mailed in an envelope. However, I know it can often depend on the post office or even the postal worker whether they will allow you to do so. Some people have had no problems sending the card by itself, others have been told they need an envelope.

If you don't want to send in an envelope, I would try a few of the post offices around your area and see if any will allow you to send without. But please do note that you must technically send with an envelope so please be prepared to follow this.

Enjoy gotochi!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Mailing Gotochi cards overseas 2014/12/19 15:48
It is not only Gotochi cards. Any card that is odd-shaped, cardboard (or other "odd" material), or oversized must be sent in an envelope if sent abroad.

Gotochi cards are both odd-shaped and cardboard, so they are very clearly not to be sent abroad without envelopes.

A lot of collectors of the Gotochi cards actually like them to be sent unwritten and in envelopes.
by Dolly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mailing Gotochi cards overseas 2014/12/19 15:58
Buy envelops at a 100 Yen shop or stationary shop. You can envelop the card and then take it to post office.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread