Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Edy Keitai MobileE-Money Android App 2014/12/19 12:29
Downloaded the EDY app to my phone. Generic D5833 Sony Z3 Compact with NFC support. Also downloaded Osaifu Keitai app. However, each time I open the EDY app, it just redirects to the Rakuten browser for EDY card sign up. There isn't the following workflow - http://www.rakuten-edy.co.jp/howto/osaifukeitai/point/.

I'm wondering if the issue is Osaifu Keitai compatibility, but checked the site and confirmed the Docomo variant of the Z3 Compact.

If anyone else has had any success or issues with EDY app would be happy to hear your findings.
by Elegba  

Re: Edy Keitai MobileE-Money Android App 2014/12/19 13:34
So your phone isn't a Japanese model? Do you know if it supports the Japanese NFC standard (FeliCa)?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Edy Keitai MobileE-Money Android App 2014/12/19 22:37
Mine is the Asian model. Docomo has another model which probably supports Osaifu Keitai. I thought nfc had global interoperability, but cannot confirm mine is compatible with Japanese Felica.

Scratch that. Seems like Osaifu only supports pink Docomo sims.
by Elegba rate this post as useful

reply to this thread