Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/20 17:47
hello,.. I need help for my itinerary since this is will be my first trip to Japan,. Im a little bit confused,. cause my problem is about JR pass, my arrival will be in Tokyo and goin back to my country from osaka , i will be in Japan around 2 weeks i took 7 days JR Pass since my budget is limited ,. then the questions :

1. with only 7 days JR PASS and I will be in japan around 2 weeks, i dunno what place i should visit for my adventure

2 can u give me the best place to explore in tokyo, osaka, kyoto and nara

3. the best spot to see cherry blossoms since i will be there on april 2015

4. cheap accommodation near station in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto

thanks before,.i need opinion T T
by Aria (guest)  

Re: ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/21 14:01
Jump to bottom read all pages.

By New Hokuriku Shinkansen plan maybe good.
by AGV4 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/21 20:35
In Kyoto the cherry blossoms are beautiful on the philosophers path and around the imperial palace
by nomes1881 rate this post as useful

Re: ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/21 22:06
Hi Aria, welcome to the forum.

cause my problem is about JR pass, my arrival will be in Tokyo and goin back to my country from osaka

A JR Pass isn't worth it for that travel route, unless you intend to make at least one very long side trip from either of those cities. (Generally, a 7-day pass will pay off only if you plan to do a full round trip from Tōkyō to Ōsaka and back to Tōkyō.) You might be better off just buying a one-way shinkansen ticket for Tōkyō-Ōsaka, and then purchasing individual tickets (or a regional travel pass) for travelling around the Kansai area.

can u give me the best place to explore in tokyo, osaka, kyoto and nara

Which places are worth going to will depend mainly on one's interests, budget, time constraints, etc., so the best itinerary is the one you create yourself. Once you've decided what you'd like to see, you can present your draft itinerary here in the forum so that the community can offer advice and suggestions.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see a list of regions/cities. Explore the pages for the cities you're interested in and choose sights/attractions depending on your interests.

the best spot to see cherry blossoms since i will be there on april 2015

Have a look here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_where.html

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/21 22:14
If you're a little overwhelmed by the information available on this site, you can also try using the following:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html

Choose your preferred region or arrival point and the length of time corresponding to your stay. The page will load a suggested itinerary. Note that the nationwide itineraries assume that you're arriving and departing from the same airport (which doesn't match your planned route since you're arriving in Tōkyō and departing from Ōsaka), so you'll need to make adjustments.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: ask bout itinerary and JR Pass 2014/12/22 10:07
Please return your JR Pass and get a refund. Unless you are interested in mountains and hot spring.

If you are, after playing around Tokyo, from Tokyo spend two days in Yamagata area (Ginzan and Zao onsen).
Then spend one day in Karuizawa.
One day in Kanazawa.

Then to Hiroshima and with a day at Miyajima.
Then to Kyoto stopping by Okayama garden and Himeji castle on the way.

When you enter Kyoto at night, you would have fully utilised your JR Pass.

Great places for cherry blossoms are Osaka Mint Museum, Kyoto philosopher's walk, and Yoshino mountain.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread