Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Listing Hobbies 2014/12/21 07:48
I used a mishmash of finding and answer and (I know it's a terrible source but is the best one I have) GoogleTranslate. Would this be a proper way to say "I like video games, drawing and anime." I wasn't sure how to add [to play] as I only know あそぶ for play and that is different.

私はビデオゲームと絵を描くこととアニメが好き。

Truly I would like it to say "I love to play video games and draw. Sometimes I watch anime." or "I like to watch anime as well/also" whatever is easiest to translate without being complicated.

I know for listing there is や but also と and in English we just use commas, I forget which one is right. @~@;

Thanks in advance! ありがとう〜[/be]
by HikaruShirou  

Re: Listing Hobbies 2014/12/21 10:55
Hello, it looks good.

私はビデオゲームをすることや絵を描くこと、アニメをみるのも好き sounds a bit tedious.
And ゲーム means "video games".
How about (私は)ゲームと絵を描くことが好きで、アニメも好き。
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Listing Hobbies 2014/12/21 11:28
Ahh, も, that's the phrase I should have been looking for. It's like "also" right? Like when someone says "I like this" the other says わたしも, right? I've heard that in anime or dramas.

Oh, I didn't know it means video games specifically. Because game can mean a wide range in English. ^^; So it would say...

ge-mu to e wo kakukoto ga suki de, anime mo suki.
Games and drawing I like, anime also.

right? Just so I understand how it is broken down.
by HikaruShirou rate this post as useful

Re: Listing Hobbies 2014/12/21 11:37
私はビデオゲームと絵を描くこととアニメが好き(です)。
It sounds natural.

"mo"(も) refers "also" and "too".
I also like this, I like this anime too.

ge-mu to e wo kakukoto ga suki de, anime mo suki.

ge-mu to e wo kakukoto ga suki de(su). anime (wo mirukoto) mo suki(desu). It sounds more natural.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Listing Hobbies 2014/12/26 13:13
If you a teenage girl, one of the natural way (to introduce yourself to your friends in an informal atmosphere, like the ways in anime) would be
私が好きなのは、ビデオゲームと絵を描くこと。あと、アニメも好き。
(a bit slowly at 「のは、」and 「あと、」. a bit quicker at 「アニメも好き。」.)
by Luisjp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread