Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reserving seats on shinkansen using JRP 2014/12/23 05:23
I am wondering... if I arrive to Japan the 1th and the same day I exchange my JRP, which will start working from the 10th, can I already reserve seats on the shinkansens for the period of validity of my pass (from the 10th to the 16th)? Or have I to wait the pass becomes active and than I can reserve seats?
by Piuma  

Re: Reserving seats on shinkansen using JRP 2014/12/23 09:17
I am wondering... if I arrive to Japan the 1th and the same day I exchange my JRP, which will start working from the 10th, can I already reserve seats on the shinkansens for the period of validity of my pass (from the 10th to the 16th)?

yes
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving seats on shinkansen using JRP 2014/12/23 09:43
As long as you have the actual pass, you can reserve any valid trains you want for the dated on the pass. It doesn't matter if it's a week or two in the future.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Reserving seats on shinkansen using JRP 2014/12/23 20:49
You can exchange your voucher for the pass and make reservations at the same time. It's best to write down what trains/dates/times you want.

The lines at the Narita pass exchange office can get long, so you could be considerate of others and only get a few reservations, as, once you get the pass, you can easily make reservations at any JR Green Window or ticket office at any station.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread