Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu Rail Pass wide 2014/12/23 09:31
I am arriving Kansai Airport on 22/3 at 1530, and will depart from Nagoya, Chubu on 3/4. My rough itinerary,

22/3- overnight Osaka
23/3 -Hiroshima, stop at OKayama/Kurashiki
24/3- Hiroshima- Peace Memorial, Miyajima,
25/3- Kinosakionsen via Himeji
26 to 28 - Kyoto,
29 to 3/4 - Nara, Iga, Ise, Wakayama, Nagoya

I plan to use the new JR 5 DAY kANSAI Hiroshima Pass for the first 5 days and then the Kintetsu Rail Pass wide for the last 5 days. My question is on the Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide. On arrival, can I use just the Kansai Airport sector first, then activate/stamp the balance 5 consecutive days only on 29/3. The reason for this, is this will start using the JR Kansai Hiroshima on 23/3, rather then on 22/3.
by chow (guest)  

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass wide/ 2014/12/23 12:45
KINTETSU RAIL PASS wide not covered Wakayama.
by Anpd (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass wide/ 2014/12/23 12:54
The Kansai Airport/Osaka Namba / Chubu Airport/ Meitetsu Nagoya vice versa sectors are issued as separate coupons that can only be detached by railway staff, so it will not affect the starting date of your Kintetsu Wide rail pass. You can arrive today, use your 5 days from tomorrow onwards., and there after use the last coupon to return to the airport. There is only 1 return coupon, which can be used at either airport Kansai or Chubu or a mix of both.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Kintetsu Rail Pass 2014/12/23 14:21
I planned to buy a Kintetsu Wide Pass last April, but when I got to Kansai Airport, they only had the regular pass. It's still good for 5 days and 3-trips on Ltd. Express trains. It
will get you from Osaka or Kyoto to Ise, then on to Nagoya. We stayed in a ryokan very close to Toba station with a nice view of Toba Bay and close to Mikimoto Pearl Island and the large aquarium.
The pass can be used on regular express trains all 5 days.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass wide/ 2014/12/29 12:43
thank you fDick n CS Tan.

Upon arrival at Osaka Namba, and if I have to travel to my hotel (yet to book) then to Dotonbori for dinner using the subways, I realise that I will need to purchase subway tickets. As I need this only for the evening, what sort of tickets is best. Icoca card or one day "enjoy eco-card".

Also, is the MeiKotsu bus from Iga-Ueno to Nagoya cover by the Kintentsu Rail Pass Wide. If so, do I have reserve a seat.

by chow (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass wide/ 2014/12/29 22:45
My preference is to buy individual subway tickets, but if you prefer otherwise, I think the Icoca would make more sense.
With regard to the bus query, I do not think the MieKotsu bus runs from Iga Ueno to Nagoya. According to the map,the area covered by bus is Matsusaka/Ise/Toba/Shima. I have only used the pass in the Ise/Toba area, it is a local bus and you only need to show your pass with a valid date to the bus driver when you get off.
Someone else on this forum might be able to give you more info. I would think you need to take the train if you wish to travel from Iga Ueno to Nagoya. Plan to use your Ltd Express vouchers judiciously.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass wide 2014/12/30 19:47
Mie Kotsu buse on the Shima Peninsula is only covered the Kintetsu Rail Pass Wide. The Mie Kotsu bus from Iga-Ueno to Nagoya isn't cover by the Kintentsu Rail Pass Wide.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_006.html
by aotani (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread