Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/27 09:08
Hi there, I am planning to do a day trip from Takayama to Shirakawago and Kanazawa on January 19th. I've been planning the trip and only just realised that the bus from Shirakawago to Kanazawa requires reservation, when I went to the Nohi bus website it said that the reservation must be one month prior the service date. Are there any other way to get out of Shirakawago that does not require reservation? I guess if it isn't possible I'll have to skip it, but was really keen on it.

Thanks very much
Nick
by Nick Lee9  

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/27 18:04
when I went to the Nohi bus website it said that the reservation must be one month prior the service date.

No! It is possible to make reservations starting from one month in advance. It is also possible to make them right before riding the bus - if vacant seats are available. On January 19, buses are highly unlikely to get booked out, so you should have no problem making the reservations just before boarding the bus at the bus terminal. Alternatively, it seems that it is possible to make reservations by phone in English:
0577-32-1688

Are there any other way to get out of Shirakawago that does not require reservation? I guess if it isn't possible I'll have to skip it, but was really keen on it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/27 22:25

Sounds like you are staying in Takayama. If you are, you may request your hotel to make a bus reservation for you. It worked for me last year when visiting the region.
by lostintranslation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/28 09:20
Thanks everyone for the input! Its good to know that I can still go there, and yup I'll be staying at an inn in Takayama so I'll probably make the reservation at the bus terminal when I arrive. Thanks again!
by Nick Lee9 rate this post as useful

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/28 20:21
I went to Shirakawago yesterday, I hope you enjoy it, it was wonderful! I made my reservation a few days in advance with no problems, but if you plan to travel over the New Year it might be a busy time so if you can book it ASAP that would be ideal!
by Jinx77 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2014/12/29 21:05
Assuming you're arriving by train, the bus terminal is just on the left immediately as you leave the station. There's also an info booth right by it.

Enquire into tickets when you arrive. Some buses allow you to book ahead, others don't.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Reservations for Shirakawago bus 2015/1/7 09:36
Hi! I cannot book the Nohi bus. I tried calling their office but I cannot contact it. Is there a way I can reserve the bus? I want to check the availability. We will be arriving in Kanazawa then travel to SHirakawago then Takayama.
by Isabel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread