Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Just over a month car rental 2014/12/31 17:22
I am going to Japan in a few weeks and I will be there for just over a month. Because of travelling in rural areas I need to rent a car for a little more more then 30 days.

Apart from Toyota are there any other companies that offer rentals for more then 30 days and offer a better rate for more then 30 days rental?
by Jamtex  

Re: Just over a month car rental 2014/12/31 22:19
Have you tried to contacting the rental car companies direct, and not through their online reservation, I've just booked through Nissan, you can try them.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Just over a month car rental 2015/1/9 13:21
In the end I hired it from Toyota, it was very painless and I was shocked at the cost. 35 days for 115020 yen inc insurance. :D
by Jamtex rate this post as useful

Re: Just over a month car rental 2015/1/9 13:30
Wow! That's a great rate!
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Just over a month car rental 2015/1/10 01:26
I would say that is good, I'm only getting a Nissan march (P1) for 3 days costing a little over 27000 yen with their NOC, support and collision damage.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Just over a month car rental 2015/1/10 03:29
THAT IS CHEAP!!! What car did you book? I'm renting X-trail from Nissan next month for 11 days and it costs about 120,000 yen.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: Just over a month car rental 2015/1/12 08:19
It was a Toyota Ractis a P2 car, so a step above the yellow plate cars. it is big enough to hold my luggage but small enough to park easily. Plus has good millage per tank of gas.

It was very straight forward to book, cost 5c to book via Skype. Just needed my name, where I wanted to pick up the car, how long I wanted it for and if I had a international driving permit from the 1949 convension. That was it, no credit card details or driving licence info.

Got to Haneda international, went to the car rental place, gave my information, waited 30 minutes, was picked up and taken to the Toyota place just outside Haneda. More paperwork, had a scare with my credit card as it was declined, but I said last time I entered a pin number, and then it clicked. So 90 minutes after getting through immigration I was driving away from Tokyo.
by Jamtex rate this post as useful

reply to this thread