Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/3 13:20
Hi everyone!
I only have 7 nights for my Japan visit in March 2015 and I would like to make the most of it since it is very hard to take long leave at my work.
I hope someone can advise if this schedule is possible, or what is the better route to take.

18 Mar : arrive 08.15 at KIX, stroll around Osaka, then take the last Nohi Bus to Takayama (16.00-21.37) and stay overnight.
19 Mar : Nohi Bus 09.50-10.40 to Shirakawago (have 3 hours there). Nohi Bus 13.50-15.05 to Kanazawa, go to Kenrokuen if possible and dinner. Willer night bus (22.15-06.55) to Tokyo.
20-22 Mar : stroll around Tokyo & Mt. Fuji. On 22 Mar night take Willer night bus to Kyoto.
23 Mar : Kyoto city tour and stay 1 night.
24 Mar : leave Kyoto at noon to Osaka, stay 1 night.
25 Mar : 08.30 go to KIX for the flight at 12.00.

I also would like to reconfirm if we can bring our big luggages on the Nohi Bus?
And will there still be snow in Takayama/ Shirakawa-go/Kanazawa during that time?

Thank you in advance everyone! And happy new year! :)
by Winnie Wu (guest)  

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/4 19:25
by aotani (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/4 23:21
Dear Aotani,

Thank you for your kind reply.
Now I can be sure about the luggage, but of course I will try to pack as light as possible :)
And thanks about the snow too.. I hope I'm not freezing there :)
by Winnie Wu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/5 10:50
As of last week Kyoto had the coldest winter day in more thna 50 years. Be wary. Pack thermal insulated wear.
Uniqlo has some of those. one inner way. One usual wear. Gloves, head gear and maybe a scarf.

You can re wear those clothes everyday since you won't sweat at all!
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/10 14:43
Hey Josh!
Thanks for your advice.
I will surely look for the Uniqlo "Heat Tech".
I actually wish to see some cherry blossoms but I'm not sure with the weather getting so cold..

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/10 15:10
Takayama is really beautiful town, i'd spend at least half a day there to go around the old streets.

Perhaps from Osaka go Kanazawa first by train then Shirakawago then Takayama. Then train to Kyoto.
by daryl2107 rate this post as useful

Re: Schedule Feasibility and Luggage on Nohi Bus 2015/1/10 15:52
Hi Daryl, thanks for your suggestion.

The difficulty in setting my schedule is that I must go back to Osaka/ Kyoto on the last night (24 Mar) to catch a flight back to my country from Kansai Airport on the 25th.

I'm actually thinking about skipping Kanazawa so my sched will be:
18 Mar: Osaka
19 Mar: Osaka - Takayama - Shirakawago - Takayama
20 Mar: Takayama - Tokyo
21-23 Mar: Tokyo
24 Mar: Kyoto
25 Mar: Kyoto - KIX

I know I still won't have enough time to explore Takayama, but do you think it's a better sched? :)

Thanks.

reply to this thread